+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Free half Season Tickets to Season Ticket holders......

Free half Season Tickets to Season Ticket holders......

Well that's what Newcastle are offering their fans in order to boost the crowd, noise and capacity.....thing is would it work here or would those that have already paid for a full S/T be up in arms about it?

One perspective is, if these new fans took up the free offer, would it encourage them to purchase a future S/T or attend games in the future?

The damage I see, should the club offer the same incentive which I very much doubt, is that our 6,000 S/T holders give their freebie to someone who regularly pays on match days. In that way, gate fees would be damaged as that income would become non existent. Can't see this ever working at our club.

Good luck to Newcastle fans though....what a nice free Xmas present.

There must be some mistake. Every geordie I’ve ever met tells me they have the greatest support in the world and get 50k at home every day.

Imagine the moaning If we were to do this from our fans that have paid full price. Some of them still want some pennies back for the Bury game.

Rufc give away free tickets every season for a certain game. The 1925 club receive 1 ticket per member. This season it was last Saturday Vs Rochdale. Last year I think it was Norwich.

Not so long ago Newcastle had a 15 year waiting list for season tickets, or so they'd have us believe.

It looks liked it's paid off for Newcastle.Almost 10k free season tickets given away.

Attendances had slumped to around 42k for the Southampton game so with this initiative it should be above 50k.