+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If nothing else

Have they all gone,like the souls of the people taking them.Their souls were sold to Ashley long ago.Love the club my arsè,love a day out more like.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It makes me sad to think that fans want the club to die a death just to get rid of a man who is actually doing a decent job of running it.
    It literally beggars belief.
    Having to give away 10,000 tickets to fill the empty ground is running the Club right and doing a decent job

I don’t think so

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Having to give away 10,000 tickets to fill the empty ground is running the Club right and doing a decent job

I don’t think so
    Feel free to have that opinion. I don't share it.
    Noses off to spite faces is all this is.

Did you take up his offer???

Be interesting when we have a bad patch if those on the freebies join in with the usual "you fat cockney bastàrd get out of our club".Hypocrites.

We had 51,000 plus home crowds in the Championship and now we are giving away 10,000 tickets for free.

Have you stopped to think about that for a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    We had 51,000 plus home crowds in the Championship and now we are giving away 10,000 tickets for free.

I'll wager he can't rationalise that reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I'll wager he can't rationalise that reply.
    He will ignore any comment that he can't muster an arguement for. As usual.

It makes me sad to think that fans want the club to die a death just to get rid of a man who is actually doing a decent job of running it.
    It literally beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

Aye. I've stopped to think about a lot of stuff.
    You see I have a decent enough memory for my entire time supporting Newcastle United and I remember all kinds of crowds and I remember all the good the bad and the ugly times, throughout.

Those fans that chose to cut off their own noses to spite their own faces will be replaced or likely some will actually come back.

You see, if the club fell into league one and started coasting the league you'd get close to a full house.
    The major problem here is in too many fans falling in love with messiah's.
    Also too many fans living on the past.
    And too many fans following a frenzy of hatred.

I have zero time for those fans because trying to boycott the club to make some kind of point and thinking it'll help sort out the wrong's will actually have a detrimental negative impact on the club as a whole.
    Luckily Ashley is a clever man who is swiftly dealing with the shortfall and I sincerely hope he manages to do it.

Those who want to stand with banners can carry on but their own enjoyment and ritual of support has taken a hammering and is only detrimental to themselves.

Some fans wanting this club to be relegated in order to feed their own ego and hope to oust a man in the process even if it means going down another league. Those fans mean absolutely nothing to me.

And nobody needs to bother giving it " we're only doing it for the good of the club."

I don't buy into it. I think it's a case of starting something and refusing to give up on it for fear of looking weak.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)