+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sally army.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I cancelled my SKY Sports package yesterday that I spoke about doing last week.

Having given thought to Crash's thread, for the good of mankind and for those less fortunate than my family and myself, I'm donating what would have been part of my SKY Sports monthly payment to The Salvation Army, £19, and donating to another unselfish self volunteering organisation the RNLI. I've nothing but admiration to those who volunteer to what must be one the most dangerous jobs in the world.

The RNLI does not receive any government help other than tax aid and all they use is through voluntary donations. Hats off to them all especially at the most dangerous time of the year for weather conditions. Merry Xmas to all.
    Well done Brin

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well done Brin
    Yes well done Brin

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

The RNLI does not receive any government help other than tax aid and all they use is through voluntary donations. Hats off to them all especially at the most dangerous time of the year for weather conditions. Merry Xmas to all.
    Sorry, Brin but on this one I disagree. I cancelled my DD to the RNLI when they sacked a crew for using mugs with naked women on them and then they decide to spend £millions on overseas aid including burkinis in Africa and creches in Asia. Not what the RNLI should be about.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Sorry, Brin but on this one I disagree. I cancelled my DD to the RNLI when they sacked a crew for using mugs with naked women on them and then they decide to spend £millions on overseas aid including burkinis in Africa and creches in Asia. Not what the RNLI should be about.
    Wendun, I've just completed my donation and thought I'd take the time to read up on what you put that caused your cancellation to the RNLI. Not sure how much you read into this but, what I found was pretty eye opening. What I found has not deterred me from continuing donating to what I find to be an excellent life saving organisation. The other point on Overseas aid was also an eye opener as I find what they do, to be a great service.

I slightly get your point on 'why' help overseas when so much is needed back home but, how they are educating people less fortunate than ourselves to help to swim is a good cause so again, it gets a nod from me.

Here's what I found about the two sackings:
    ‘One volunteer was stood down for social media activity which targeted a member of RNLI staff without their knowledge and produced graphic ***ual images which went far beyond banter. ‘The other volunteer produced a hardcore ****ographic image of a fellow crew member on a mug. ‘Some newspapers created their own image of a mug, but the actual image produced by the volunteer was so graphic that no newspaper would be able to print it without breaking the law.

Serves them right in my opinion. There's banter and there's stupidity which is the bracket these two fell into irrespective of their previous service.
    Last edited by Brin; 12-12-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks, Brin. The details on the mug incident didn't come out at the time and I took my lead from those other volunteers who resigned in protest. The overseas bit I can't accept. RNLI executives flying around the world is not something I'm willing to pay for particularly as - according to RNLI insiders - reductions in lifeboat provision due to cuts in the UK has resulted in deaths. I shall follow this up later this week and make sure I'm not flying a kite.

Look, the RNLI should NOT be getting involved in anything outside the U.K.

In Rotherham alone it wouldn’t be difficult to find kids that can’t swim.

But one thing it does show is how the snowflakes have infiltrated organisations to levels of influence.

We even have one as manager of our football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Look, the RNLI should NOT be getting involved in anything outside the U.K.

In Rotherham alone it wouldn’t be difficult to find kids that can’t swim.

But one thing it does show is how the snowflakes have infiltrated organisations to levels of influence.

We even have one as manager of our football club.
    Not sure if this is your intention and I’m giving you what you want here but I’m officially done on here.

You’re repetitive, constant, boring posts accusing others of exactly the qualities you display yourself are enough now.

It’s a shame because you can be quite witty and intelligent but seem to be dull as **** with the same tedious ****.

The Facebook pages are more fun. Say hello in The Cutlers one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Not sure if this is your intention and I’m giving you what you want here but I’m officially done on here.

You’re repetitive, constant, boring posts accusing others of exactly the qualities you display yourself are enough now.

It’s a shame because you can be quite witty and intelligent but seem to be dull as **** with the same tedious ****.

Fella don't pack up because of this. Keep on posting pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post

Well that’s your decision.

Like somebody once said ( you maybe?) that you don’t have to read the O/T threads, including mine.

However I’m sorry to see you go.

Scum chill out . It's not grist.
    You had a bad day?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast