+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sally army.

O/T Sally army.

Another charity? Wanting £19 . The price is going up.
    Couple of things I'm unsure of
    Are they a charity?
    Do they buy their own instruments?
    Uniform?
    Do they get paid?
    Just wondering.

Thing you covered this the other week pal, the grey matter failing you?

£19.....inflation like everything else. Failing that it may be that less folk are donating so, those that do are having to pay more to keep the books balanced etc. It's a bit like a late holiday booking. Gone are the days where you could grab a bargain last minute deal, now if you do book late you invariably pay more than when the hotel/cruise booking first became available.

dropped the tambourine

The Salvation Army is a worldwide Christian (Protestant) church and registered charity,

They buy their own uniforms and associated stuff, however the uniform isn't compulsory. There are "ranks" in the uniform like the regular army

The £19 is a base level suggested donation, you can donate more or less than that.

Essentially it's a volunteer organisation but being paid expenses is allowable. Their accounts are public domain and available online.

Wonderful organisation, if you don't like it, don't donate.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Wonderful organisation, if you don't like it, don't donate.
    Absolutely

To me it makes Christmas when I see and hear a Sally Army band doing the Christmas carols

I cancelled my SKY Sports package yesterday that I spoke about doing last week.

Having given thought to Crash's thread, for the good of mankind and for those less fortunate than my family and myself, I'm donating what would have been part of my SKY Sports monthly payment to The Salvation Army, £19, and donating to another unselfish self volunteering organisation the RNLI. I've nothing but admiration to those who volunteer to what must be one the most dangerous jobs in the world.

The RNLI does not receive any government help other than tax aid and all they use is through voluntary donations. Hats off to them all especially at the most dangerous time of the year for weather conditions. Merry Xmas to all.

Brings me back to when they’d come round pubs selling their newspaper.

They do brilliant work for the homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Absolutely

To me it makes Christmas when I see and hear a Sally Army band doing the Christmas carols
    & not a bah humbug in sight

They have been asking for £19 for a few years now crash.

You are correct Grist it is a christian religion who do a lot of charity work for the homeless. The bro and sister in law are salvationists. their brass bands are legendary and you can often see em outside shopping Malls at xmas playing seasonal tunes.I believe they do pay for their own instruments and uniforms but will check.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast