+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Besiktas

Prediction League - Besiktas

Wolves welcome Besiktas to Molineux for the final Europa League group stage match. In our trip to Turkey, we won 0-1 thanks to a Boly goal in stoppage time. At that time, Besiktas were floundering in league and continental play. I had thought they'd be the strongest competition in the group before the season. When we played them in October, they were sitting in 16th place in their domestic league. Since that moment, their record in all competitions is 9-1-2, with the only losses coming in Europa League. I wonder how seriously they're taking this match as they are eliminated from advancing to the next round and have a league match and Turkish Cup match coming within six days after this match. Their top scorers are Umit Nayir (6), Burak Yılmaz (5) and Adem Ljajic (3). I know Ljajic from his days at Roma. Can be a dangerous midfielder in getting from defense to attack. They also have American Tyler Boyd, who I will be keeping an eye on. If we win this match and Braga draw or lose to Slovan Bratislava, then we win the group. If we finish top of the group, we avoid the other group winners and the top four 3rd place Champions League teams. Those four teams - at this moment in time, but subject to change based on the next two days of UCL play - are Chelsea, Lyon, Dortmund, and RB Salzberg. I think it would behoove us to avoid those teams plus the current group leaders in Europa League - Sevilla, Copenhagen, Basel, Sporting CP, Celtic, Arsenal, Rangers, Espanyol, Gent, Monchengladbach and Manchester United. Though I do believe you're not allowed to play a team from our domestic league in the first round, so scratch out Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU. Would love to avoid Some of these clubs because many of the second place teams (and bottom four 3rd place in Champions League) look much more vulnerable.

Wolves 3-2 Besiktas

Jimenez

1) WOODLANDSWOLF - 27.4
    2) MichiganWolf - 19.4
    2) Woking88 - 19.4
    4) wolfiebill - 17.4
    5) abbobrom - 17.3
    6) GrizzledWolf - 15.4
    7) wolves71 - 15.1
    8) plater - 14.2
    9) Palmeras - 12.3
    10) nortonwolf - 12.1

2-0 Wanderers, Jota

Wolves 2 Besiktas 1

Jimenez

Wolves 3 Besiktas 0 Jota

Wolves 1 Besiktas 2
    Jimenez

With little at stake I thing both sides will make changes.

Wolves 1 Besiktas 0
    Neves.

Wolves 2 - Besiktas 1

(Jimenez)

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Wolves 2 Besiktas 1

Jimenez
    Jimenez not playing so changing my first Wolves scorer to Dendoncker.

2-0 Wanderers

Cutrone

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    Jimenez not playing so changing my first Wolves scorer to Dendoncker.
    Good call!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)