+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Filling football grounds

Filling football grounds

I see Newcastle United no less are offering an additional FREE half season ticket to season ticket holders to help fill the stadium.

Clubs like Arsenal show the stadium three quarters full where clearly tv show the stadium at best half full. No matter all the hype from Sky and the press, no matter all the money in the game, people are finally voting with their feet! Will anyone take any notice, doubt it!

A good idea would be some pre match pitch entertainment featuring some cheerleaders with them ra ra skirts

Season tickets should be no more than £300 for adults and £125 for kids at our level.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Season tickets should be no more than £300 for adults and £125 for kids at our level.
    Still far too much. Considering gates only account for about ten percent of takings now, the fans are still being ripped off.
    The biggest con trick was making grounds all seaters.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Still far too much. Considering gates only account for about ten percent of takings now, the fans are still being ripped off.
    The biggest con trick was making grounds all seaters.
    Not factually true in the Champ and below Des.....gates are a massive part of income.

Premier League you are correct about though.

I think £15 per match and £7.50 for a kid is fair for 90 minutes of dross whilst watching the top four toy with you before taking you apart!

You can’t even get a blow job in Fordhouses for £15 these days so I think that’s fair although it’s a tenner in Germany.

The football that is.....not the blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I see Newcastle United no less are offering an additional FREE half season ticket to season ticket holders to help fill the stadium.

Clubs like Arsenal show the stadium three quarters full where clearly tv show the stadium at best half full. No matter all the hype from Sky and the press, no matter all the money in the game, people are finally voting with their feet! Will anyone take any notice, doubt it!
    Newcastle are giving 10,000 half season tickets free to season ticket holders.Thats a lot to give away when they used to be a long waiting list.Their attendances are now down to 46k a loss of 5k.

Way too expensive as a family event...so lack of appeal there...As entertainment goes.....it generally lacks value unless you have the local interest.....
    But agree with Des....very expensive for a day out.....But the biggest problem faced by football is its 's over saturation.
    Only look at the champions league....a pre league based qualification load of cods wallop....where in general the presumed teams usually qualify....
    Waste of time. Killing the game in truth...

I think the interesting part of your post is the start i.e. Newcastle giving away half season tickets to fill the stadium.
    Not sure how they decide who would get them but that's a great idea if they feel that they wont sell them (which I guess they wont with their current position).
    I'm sure Albion's half season tickets are either on sale or due to be and I wonder if these will be snapped up now we are doing so well?
    I don't think they will be snapped up as the saving is probably not great and equal to 1-2 games which with rescheduled games due to TV means you may as well pay for the games you want instead.

The price of Tickets for Albion are reasonable if you ask me. I'm sure 15 to 20 years ago I was paying £15+.

COYB

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)