+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T N.H.S. Operations

Each successive govt.has put more and more money into the NHS every year,unfortunately through the massive rise in population over the last ten years and more,it is never enough.Cross party decisions need to be made after the election to try and solve this problem ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Not often I agree with you Grist but I think you are right
    Looking round my local town & my local City can't see where net gain comes from

I wish Eric all the best on his op
    To be fair what we see up here is disproportionate. We get the migrant dross dumped on us, not the highly educated brain surgeons.

So our local hospitals get full of those that have never contributed to the tax that helps fund the NHS.

But it’s a good question, who can we trust?

We here’s something interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49420730

If we can’t trust those figures why should we trust the “net gain” claims?
    Last edited by Grist_To_The_Mill; 11-12-2019 at 07:08 PM.

The 'net gains' claim is rubbish. Even were it not I would still oppose all immigration into the UK on principle. That's my default position with people allowed in on the merits of individual cases. Anyone who believes that the influx of peoples from the Commonwealth since WW2 has improved the UK is delusional.

How come you support Remain and it's freedom of movement position? Seems a bit of a contradiction but may have misunderstood summat

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    How come you support Remain and it's freedom of movement position? Seems a bit of a contradiction but may have misunderstood summat
    My dear raging you are a card. A lion is an animal, an elephant is an animal but they are not the same animal. I think the four freedoms are wrong; wrong in the sense that, for example, capital can move without the baggage that the movement of people entails; so to equate them is nonsense. That said I can live with it for two reasons. Firstly, membership of the EU to me outweighs it. Secondly, after Brexit the ruling class will anyway conspire to allow EU immigration anyway; it will simply be massaged, hidden or disguised.
    The immigration I object to (elephant not lion) is explicit in the last line of my post. It is the entry of the sullen, homophobic, misogynistic, medieval monotheists that to me despoil this country, undermine the gains of the Enlightenment and are the biggest self-inflicted disaster Europe has allowed since August 1914.
    It didn't have to be like this and it wasn't in the early days but the influence of Saudi financed Salafi Islam has imo got a hold that will take a great deal of work by progressive Muslims to dislodge.
    Last edited by wendun; 12-12-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Is this more trustworthy than the IFS views on the labour manifesto?

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    My dear raging you are a card. A lion is an animal, an elephant is an animal but they are not the same animal. I think the four freedoms are wrong; wrong in the sense that, for example, capital can move without the baggage that the movement of people entails; so to equate them is nonsense. That said I can live with it for two reasons. Firstly, membership of the EU to me outweighs it. Secondly, after Brexit the ruling class will anyway conspire to allow EU immigration anyway; it will simply be massaged, hidden or disguised.
    The immigration I object to (elephant not lion) is explicit in the last line of my post. It is the entry of the sullen, homophobic, misogynistic, medieval monotheists that to me despoil this country, undermine the gains of the Enlightenment and are the biggest self-inflicted disaster Europe has allowed since August 1914.
    It didn't have to be like this and it wasn't in the early days but the influence of Saudi financed Salafi Islam has imo got a hold that will take a great deal of work by progressive Muslims to dislodge.
    Wendun, you are by far a highly educated man and your posts are so eloquent. I thank you for these. You can also though take your eye off the ball, so to speak, so you are not 100% invincible, still though, I hold you in high regard.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234