+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T N.H.S. Operations

O/T N.H.S. Operations

Due to have a new right hip replacement, had new left hip in last year.
    Had to go to the hip & knee replacement information school yesterday Monday 09 December at Rotherham General Hospital, different staff who have to do with a operation were there, from operating theatre, care, aftercare were there to give information on operations.
    We were told that now we have to wait 18 weeks for a operation, from seeing the consultant, & that a extra 2 weeks could be added on, a big shock, be it when I saw the consultant on the 01 October 2019 he said 13 weeks to the operation, it shows how the N.H.S. is over stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Due to have a new right hip replacement, had new left hip in last year.
    Had to go to the hip & knee replacement information school yesterday Monday 09 December at Rotherham General Hospital, different staff who have to do with a operation were there, from operating theatre, care, aftercare were there to give information on operations.
    We were told that now we have to wait 18 weeks for a operation, from seeing the consultant, & that a extra 2 weeks could be added on, a big shock, be it when I saw the consultant on the 01 October 2019 he said 13 weeks to the operation, it shows how the N.H.S. is over stretched.
    Agreed, Ericslad. Listened to a doctor on Radio 4 yesterday. Adrian somebody and obviously quite a senior figure. He just spelled it out without any party political guff. In the last 10 years UK health spending has fallen dramatically compared to comparable economies in Europe. Everything else you hear is guff. We don't spend enough on the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Agreed, Ericslad. Listened to a doctor on Radio 4 yesterday. Adrian somebody and obviously quite a senior figure. He just spelled it out without any party political guff. In the last 10 years UK health spending has fallen dramatically compared to comparable economies in Europe. Everything else you hear is guff. We don't spend enough on the NHS.
    I agree wendun
    It's always puzzled me why car parikng at our hospitals was handed over to the private sector
    I assume they make a profit so why not run them in house
    I know it's changing the subject slightly but thought it might be worthy of debate

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I agree wendun
    It's always puzzled me why car parikng at our hospitals was handed over to the private sector
    I know it's changing the subject slightly but thought it might be worthy of debate
    It's puzzled you ?

If the Tories could Privatize fresh air and make a buck they would do so.

Good Luck Eric when you finally get round to having your hip operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I agree wendun
    Because hospitals are in the business of treating the sick as opposed to running car parks?

They are also not in the business of selling flowers and hot drinks. That's why they also rent out space to florists, coffee shops and the like.

If a hospital can achieve a greater income from allowing a franchise to run car parks why wouldn't they?

Be ok if it wasn't a rip off Kerr same as a lot of privatisation nowadays.

Good luck with it all Eric. The state of the NHS is a lot bigger issue than Brexit in my opinion...

If hospitals are so overcrowded then why is it a good idea to invite more people into the U.K. and give them free access to the NHS?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Because hospitals are in the business of treating the sick as opposed to running car parks?

They are also not in the business of selling flowers and hot drinks. That's why they also rent out space to florists, coffee shops and the like.

If a hospital can achieve a greater income from allowing a franchise to run car parks why wouldn't they?
    https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...-254m-17392239

He wasn't talking about selling flowers or hot drinks, you have a choice whether to use those facilities or not.
    He was specifically talking about car par parking that is generating millions of pounds and a big % of the public don't agree with it and feel they are being ripped off.
    It would be interesting to know how much is actually passed on to the hospitals.

Don't worry Eric Rotherham Hospital isn't even in the top six most expensive car parks.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 11-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.

As a car owner and tried parking up at general today. I will seriously consider getting a bus next time.
    Would any of you.
    Not on about everyone.
    Just for visiting or walking wounded etc

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    People don't have a choice whether to park?
    '
    Your article says that hospitals made about a quarter of a billion pounds out of parking.
    If you're disabled or have kids that are ill. and visit Rotherham General you have very little choice but to park in the car park.
    The article also says prices were increased by 10%.

Why is Boris Johnson talking about looking at car parking charges for certain people ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast