+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Great Result

Another Great Result

....in a season of great results. Seven in a row. Ten points clear. Ayr drop points again. Seven****, yes SEVEN****, clear of the Funny Lot. RN said they needed to respond after Palmerston. I think it’s safe to say they’ve done that - there is every chance they can win every phucking game now this quarter. Arabs everywhere (but mostly in Angus and Fife), get your asses along to Gayfield on Saturday and pack it out. It’s the least these guys deserve.

21 pts out of 21 this quarter, Arbroath away then Ayr at home to come, keep the foot down United, everyone is hungry, players, staff, owners and fans

Oh and well done Robbie Neilson, excellent, hopefully be our manager for atleast the duration of the current deal

Enjoy this season everyone, not often we get to witness a league winning campaign... this could be one.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    21 pts out of 21 this quarter, Arbroath away then Ayr at home to come, keep the foot down United, everyone is hungry, players, staff, owners and fans

Oh and well done Robbie Neilson, excellent, hopefully be our manager for atleast the duration of the current deal

Enjoy this season everyone, not often we get to witness a league winning campaign... this could be one.
    Could be, it feckin better be. My brother said the other night - 'if you can't get out of the Championship with opposition like this season you never will'. He's right. As the King would say 'It's now or never'...

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Could be, it feckin better be. My brother said the other night - 'if you can't get out of the Championship with opposition like this season you never will'. He's right. As the King would say 'It's now or never'...
    Yep, next season you could be looking at Alloa and Morton gone, replaced by Falkirk and Raith Rovers coming up and St Johnstone coming down. In other words a helluva lot tougher than this one.

Been a long time since I can remember feeling such a connection with a United squad. Huge credit to the players for going to a tricky place and getting a big result. Giving their shirts to the fans and showing what feels like genuine appreciation for the support is something that has been long overdue. Not forced or in anyway fake badge kissing, but seemingly genuine pride to represent our club.

I will admit that I initially wasnt sure of the contract extension for Neilsen and in particular the style of football. Happy to say I was wrong. Much more fluid in the games, much more flexible in shape and getting the best out of our team. Delighted with where we are and I think the whole club deserve a lot of credit for what is being done both on the pitch and off of it. Youth development through to contract renewals, all seems to be more structured and with a clearer vision.

Will be bumps in the road ahead I am sure, but bumps are always more comfortable with a substantial cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    ....in a season of great results. Seven in a row. Ten points clear. Ayr drop points again. Seven****, yes SEVEN****, clear of the Funny Lot. RN said they needed to respond after Palmerston. I think it’s safe to say they’ve done that - there is every chance they can win every phucking game now this quarter. Arabs everywhere (but mostly in Angus and Fife), get your asses along to Gayfield on Saturday and pack it out. It’s the least these guys deserve.

spot on, we are averaging around 7000-7500 on home gates at the moment, so surely we can at least sell out our 3500 allocation for Sat and turn what is a tough away fixture to our advantage. Great result tonight.

That game tonight was a banker home win in previous season's in this league.Its not the first time i have said it since August but that was a massive 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    That game tonight was a banker home win in previous season's in this league.Its not the first time i have said it since August but that was a massive 3 points.
    We would have 100% lost this game in previous seasons

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yep, next season you could be looking at Alloa and Morton gone, replaced by Falkirk and Raith Rovers coming up and St Johnstone coming down. In other words a helluva lot tougher than this one.
    Not so sure that Alloa and Morton are the candidates for going down. I would be minded to consider a similar situation to last season where the bottom 6 were covered by 8 points and relegation/play-off sorted by goal difference! Memory says that things were not sorted until the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

I don't really care about winning the league, I just want to finish above the FUN.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)