+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    I think it is in BET365 rules/promotion that they pay out on clubs who go 10 points clear in the league just as they payout in games that teams go 2 up in. Nothing specifically to do with United.
    Cheers psych

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I believe he has a get out clause of 300k, aye OK Peter dream on pal. Seems to me you're willing to listen to any amount of ****e if you actually think that's true. I mean use some Dee logic at least, if we are paying him the amount you lot keep quoting, why the **** would our chairman( who is an already proven astute businessman) be stupid enough to write in a clause that allows him to leave for peanuts? Honestly never read so much ****e, and given you post often, that's quite a statement from myself 😂
    Remember Shankland has an agent...he would've got clauses put in to benefit him and the player not the club... you got him for nothing and you seen off bigger clubs for his signature which I would imagine gave his agent a bit of scope to get things in their favour...anyway time will tell... we'll find out soon😂

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    I was only answering your query...as for my dreams I'm still hopeful of your annual after Christmas collapse...as for your hero I would think an offer from Rangers would be your worst nightmare...cause he'll want to go...I believe he has a get out clause of 300k...but if that's not true I would think any offer around 1 million would be decent...but if he was to move south probably get nearer 2

That's only a recent thing, we didn't collapse after Christmas last season, it was early season we were poor under Csaba, we are about to put it to bed anyway and continue the form throughout the season, this form has been building since January

Only two seasons did we go down hill after Christmas that was 2016/17 and 2017/18 so it's actually just a myth, in the top flight when we were riding high just a few seasons ago (as opposed to decades) we generally had a surge after new year to cruise to 3rd and 4th most years, you lot should try it

To give Peter his due he knows how to give some stick and more than equally take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    To give Peter his due he knows how to give some stick and more than equally take it back.
    Hes nice to us on here but not so much on FunMad. I still think he should get a half season at Tannadice so he can watch some decent football though.

Remember Shankland has an agent...he would've got clauses put in to benefit him and the player not the club... you got him for nothing and you seen off bigger clubs for his signature which I would imagine gave his agent a bit of scope to get things in their favour...anyway time will tell... we'll find out soon😂
    Shankland also has a mind of his own I'd imagine, which always seem to escape you lot. He could have left Ayr in January but chose not to. And I wouldn't use the line that we were the only club to make him an offer as I'm sure you know that's *******s. Our chairman I'm certain would have told the agent to **** right off with that clause too, but I'll leave you to **** over the possibility regardless. Ultimately it won't matter a **** to your season, looks more likely you'll be fighting it out in the wrong play offs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Shankland also has a mind of his own I'd imagine, which always seem to escape you lot. He could have left Ayr in January but chose not to. And I wouldn't use the line that we were the only club to make him an offer as I'm sure you know that's *******s. Our chairman I'm certain would have told the agent to **** right off with that clause too, but I'll leave you to **** over the possibility regardless. Ultimately it won't matter a **** to your season, looks more likely you'll be fighting it out in the wrong play offs anyway.
    If you don't believe that Shankland's ambition was to use United as a stepping stone to something better you're more deluded than I thought you were...United and Shankland were a great fit for one another at the start of the season...he got to play in the same league he was already banging goals in but with a better team and United badly needed a goalscorer...while I think most people seen it as a good signing I don't think even the most fanatical of your mob could've thought he would've done this well. .. don't think your chairman was in a great bargaining position at the time of signing...so while agree 300k would look a bargain now remember at the time you were facing your 4th season in the league we put you in

If you don't believe that Shankland's ambition was to use United as a stepping stone to something better you're more deluded than I thought you were...United and Shankland were a great fit for one another at the start of the season...he got to play in the same league he was already banging goals in but with a better team and United badly needed a goalscorer...while I think most people seen it as a good signing I don't think even the most fanatical of your mob could've thought he would've done this well. .. don't think your chairman was in a great bargaining position at the time of signing...so while agree 300k would look a bargain now remember at the time you were facing your 4th season in the league we put you in
    Shankland in United stepping stone shocker!

But 300k clause seems for too low for any player of Shanklands ability. What would he make out of that?

Based on absolutely nothing whatsoever, i am sure Shankland is here to prove himself for a season in the top flight, at which point, his share of the transfer fee will greatly exceed the pitiful 300k you claim to be in the know about!

peter is as delusional as any other trophy virgin, talks nothing but keech on the whole

When we get the £300k for him maybe we'll buy hemmings from you lot Peter ,I've heard he's got a £25 release clause . Apparently he's the best striker in the league but your midfielders dinna pass to him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)