+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- What sports stars have to say about the election

I don't understand what the journo is on about he has no right at all to ask anybody let alone sports people who they are voting for.

You could argue a rich footballer is very unlikely to care who gets in as it won't change their life I know that isn't a very nice thing to say but we do live in a very selfish world.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I don't understand what the journo is on about he has no right at all to ask anybody let alone sports people who they are voting for.

You could argue a rich footballer is very unlikely to care who gets in as it won't change their life I know that isn't a very nice thing to say but we do live in a very selfish world.
    Speak for yourself, Legsy

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Speak for yourself, Legsy
    Depends which part you are on about, I mean does it really matter to anyone who a Tennis / Rugby player votes for ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I thought some posters might be interested in this column from today's Guardian. What Bobby George the darts player has to say is full of common sense - not.
    The gist of this piece is that sports stars these days are as afraid of endorsing a political party as they would be of, say, coming out.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...rtswomen-quiet
    Who cares? They have one vote like everybody else and that's all that matters. They don't need to pass any exams to be able to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Who cares? They have one vote like everybody else and that's all that matters. They don't need to pass any exams to be able to vote.
    It's a link to the guardian. Is the word 'Oiks' in there?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12