+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barnsley v Reading Match Thoughts

Absolute joke of a goal to concede after finally getting our noses in front .

That game was a metaphor for this season and I'm afraid to say we are going down .

If you can't beat garbage like Reading at home then there is no hope what's so ever .

The sad thing is it wouldn't have taken a great deal to have stayed up this season .

Extremely sad times at the club .

Daft goal conceded yet again after we were gifted a goal ourselves. 1-1 probably a fair result because we weren't good enough 2nd aif.

The goal we conceded was typical but to be fair Reading had 2 or 3 occasions when they had us all over the place in that 2nd aif and should've taken one of them.

What impressed me was some of our passing at times and the way Chaplain found those pockets of space. Barhe was showing some lovely touches at times. Jacob brown had the measure on his opponent but failed to produce a telling cross despite getting in behind a few times.

However, defensive play is killing us and until we address that problem we are not going to survive in this division. Hard luck tonight boys, stick at it

I think Woodrow has been poor tonight but could have had a hat trick.
    Early season I thought Sibbick had the making of a decent player but my god he’s slow when defending both in movement and thought.

Sibbick wouldn’t get in Bolton’s first team! I only watched last 10 mins when I got in from work and Bahre miss placed about 4 or passes in that time really poor! A couple when we were on the attack that could easily have got us a goal with a bit more care.
    But my god Diaby is chronic! How we got away with passing it to him near the end when he panicked, stumbled and had the ball nicked off his toes I’ll never know? He is soooooo slow and indecisive it hurts to watch!
    I was shocked we offered Bahre a deal to be fair? He wasn’t good in League 1 ffs.
    If Bahre, Diaby,and Sibbick play in League 1 next season we will have no chance of promotion and hopefully these owners will feck off then?

Typical again from us last night I'm afraid. We were the better team until they equalised then our heads went - hence why the passes started going astray and we lost the composure. Thought Woodrow was pretty poor last night (even though he scored) but problem is we don't really have another striker who can come in and play there. Browny did well but we just lack a clinical edge in the final third. Gutted to see Ben Williams go off injured - he's been a massive positive over the last 3-4 games and is half the reason why defensively we've looked better. Sibbick came on and looked half asleep as usual and this allowed Reading to put the pressure on, eventually leading to the goal. Speaking off which I'm still not sure what Jordan Williams was doing at the front post?? From where I was sat he had an easy clearance with no-one near him yet he missed it completely . . . summed up our season tbh! Definitely seeing improvements but we need to get some points on the board pronto

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We wo gifted a goal by a poor Reading side but still couldn't hang on. Setdi "must win".
    That goal we were gifted was a howler in the Reading defence much like our defence. One difference is I suspect Reading don't make such mistakes every game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12