+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Championship is getting worse.

Championship is getting worse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50674331

Interesting comments from ex Wigan chairman.
    Frightening!

Interesting read. It's been said before and nothing seems to change though. I would personally like to see twenty or thirty clubs (EPL and EFL) go out of business as a preliminary to changing the whole structure of this rotten edifice.

The same clubs are paying the wages of the people who's making up the rules. I don't expect things to alter any time soon

Huge salaries being paid to a lot of very mediocre players.
    Many times last season I used to think there are no standout players on the pitch at all.
    There were some exceptions such as Villa,s midfield and Brentford had some great players but it was the exception. Most aren't worth anywhere near what they,re paid. Not the players fault though and if some mug is willing to pay them then good luck to them.

Noticeable that SWFC made a profit with some questionable accountancy

I’ve mentioned a few times that clubs are under pressure

Yes it’ll only get worse unless he clubs the self stand up to the football authority and sort something out

Like I’ve also said before “ mental health” hypocrites

Amazing how they categorise a big club by the size of the debt.
    The clubs are so big that they have to have a BIG Manager with a BIG budget, and a BIG team on BIG salaries.
    They most be so BIG they need BIG money to be able to afford the BIG cars and BIG houses.

They fail at their BIG clubs go to an even BIGGER club and pick up an even BIGGER salary. Then they get a BIG payoff, so BIG that they don’t have to play again.

And there but for the grace of God we have Tony Stewart as our Chairman.

Others and myself included have previously accused him of not spending when WE thought it was v.ital/prudent to do so..... last January for example, to help keep us in the Championship.

TS saw otherwise and we are where we are but, are in a far more healthier position than many many clubs. Long reign our Chairman

The Championship (well the old Division 2 actually) has always been my favourite league until recent nonsense like this. Glad we’re in League One and away from all this at the moment. Things just can’t go on as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    The Championship (well the old Division 2 actually) has always been my favourite league until recent nonsense like this. Glad we’re in League One and away from all this at the moment. Things just can’t go on as they are.
    I quite agree. In the good old days Div 2 was all that mattered. Promotion (for us) to League 1 was very unlikely. Divs 3 and 4 were outlandish places populated by tiddlers. Each season the "chrome" was the hope of playing some top side in one of the cups which today are seen as largely irrelevant and we do well to edge past Solihull.

Only the clubs can change it, and at the moment they are unwilling or too frightened to alter anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast