+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's plays instead of Dack on Sat?

Who's plays instead of Dack on Sat?

I'd go with Holtby. Will be interesting to see what he can do in this position.
    Rothwell for me is the weak link in our side now. Another poor display last night. One decent ish gsme in 5 this guy. He gets his chance, and is always hooked after an hour, as he brings nothing. Hopefully we can improve on him, I just don't rate him.

Holtby for me.
    TM might see it as an opportunity to fit Bennett in
    Last edited by seventwo; 12-12-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Holtby for me.
    TM might see it as an opportunity to fit Bennett in
    I've no issues with TM playing players in their positions, and Bennett has looked ok coming on as sub in the past few games.
    Rothwell is contributing nothing to this side. We can't afford to carry anyone on Sat, especially with Dack missing.
    I would start Gally up top. Danny looks like he needs a rest.

And for the record, the level of performance by Nyambe since he got back in the team is the level we need.
    That last night was what a real RB performance looks like, and is the level it needs to stay at.
    I'm not being told anymore that those performances from Bennett where decent, as they simply weren't.
    That last night was.

If Brereton doesn't get his chance with Dack out, then when does he? For me holtby playing dacks role is round peg in square hole again.. Brereton is a forward.. play him..!

I agree about Nyambe's recent performances, and I have always been a supporter of his, but you do keep ignoring the fact that he was dropped in the first place because he had an awful patch of form, and lots of fans were saying he wasn't good enough for the Championship. That is exactly WHY Bennett was tried there, and - at first - it was generally acknowledged that he was an improvement.
    No-one would deny that he was persevered with for too long, but the history of the situation is what it is!

On the general point, I agree that Rothwell has too many anonymous games. So does Armstrong. Once a month, one or other of them puts on a top-notch performance and seals a place, but then we seem to get little from them for several games in a row.
    I don't think for a moment that Armstrong (or Rothwell, probably) will be dropped, but if I was in charge, I might experiment with having Graham and Gallagher on at the same time. If you look at Gallagher's play, he seems to prefer running at the defence, which provides a good foil for DG.
    I would then have Bennett and Holtby in flexible roles on the midfield flanks. I just think 4-4-2, with defensively capable wide players (unlike Armstrong!), is more sensible in a game where the opposition is likely to have a lot of possession.
    Not going to happen, of course. Just a personal fancy!

Off-topic. So it looks like the dodgy game-show host running the USA is going to be joined, long-term, in the UK by a regular finalist in the Monty Python Upper-Class-Twit-Of-The-Year competition.
    You probably don't realise how profoundly depressing this is for the rest of the rational world.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 12-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    If Brereton doesn't get his chance with Dack out, then when does he? For me holtby playing dacks role is round peg in square hole again.. Brereton is a forward.. play him..!
    Saxo - I'm not sure he's fully fit. Otherwise, it's a fair call. The other player I think should be on the bench is Rankin-Costello.

Dacks suspension does open the door for others to prove their worth.
    I would be inclined to make a few changes.
    Johnson in for travis?
    2 up top with Armstrong and Gallagher?
    Bennett back on the wing?
    Holtby or rothwell in the support role?
    Very interesting which mowbray will go with.
    For me I would like some support for the defence against a top Bristol city team.
    Bell returning at left back with downing just in front,Bennett in front of nyambe.
    The centre mid puzzles me
    Evans and Johnson for ultra defensive or Holtby and Evans for a little more freedom?or of course persevere with the evans and travis combo.
    With security on the flanks,I would be tempted with Holtby and Evans.
    Armstrong and Gallagher up top
    Different but exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I agree about Nyambe's recent performances, and I have always been a supporter of his, but you do keep ignoring the fact that he was dropped in the first place because he had an awful patch of form, and lots of fans were saying he wasn't good enough for the Championship. That is exactly WHY Bennett was tried there, and - at first - it was generally acknowledged that he was an improvement.
    No-one would deny that he was persevered with for too long, but the history of the situation is what it is!

On the general point, I agree that Rothwell has too many anonymous games. So does Armstrong. Once a month, one or other of them puts on a top-notch performance and seals a place, but then we seem to get little from them for several games in a row.
    I don't think for a moment that Armstrong (or Rothwell, probably) will be dropped, but if I was in charge, I might experiment with having Graham and Gallagher on at the same time. If you look at Gallagher's play, he seems to prefer running at the defence, which provides a good foil for DG.
    I would then have Bennett and Holtby in flexible roles on the midfield flanks. I just think 4-4-2, with defensively capable wide players (unlike Armstrong!), is more sensible in a game where the opposition is likely to have a lot of possession.
    Not going to happen, of course. Just a personal fancy!

Off-topic. So it looks like the dodgy game-show host running the USA is going to be joined, long-term, in the UK by a regular finalist in the Monty Python Upper-Class-Twit-Of-The-Year competition.
    You probably don't realise how profoundly depressing this is for the rest of the rational world.
    Exactly, he did stick with it way too long. And making Bennett captain was also a disastrous move, as it meant he had to play alot longer than he should've. And the rest of the season we will be playing catch up down to this. As keeping a run like this going is unsustainable with the older players w3 have in the squad.

Champs, I was still playing 90 minutes when I was in my fifties. They're not exactly decrepit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)