+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I am more than happy with the result. However I have to say I do not know how Hendrick keeps his place in the team. He is becoming another George Boyd rushing to where the ball was only to find it is somewhere else and his positional sense is non existent, cant tackle and cant head so what is his job. He is like a chicken with no head absolutely poor. It is midfield where we need to strengthen as the game often passes the midfield by, although we are much better with Westwood his work rate is immense. So come on SD do something in Jan to rectify this weakness
    Strange that he has been involved in 14 games this season, starting 12 of them. In those games we have picked up 18 points and he has been reponsible for scoring the winning goal against Everton and came on as a sub at Brighton to score the equaliser.

The manager must think that he has a place in the team because he has played in 112 of 129 PL matches since he arrived at the Turf. Of those matches we have won 36 and drawn 25, picking up 133 points which is an average of 1.19 points per game which, over a season, equates to 45 points.
    Anyway, his contract will soon come to an end and you will not have to worry about him again ---you will then consider him to be just like Dean Marney, who was never well thought of by our fans in his first couple of seasons and his value was only appreciated when he could not play!
    It's a strange game but it is built on teamwork rather than individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    That is a monkey off my back sinkov. Chris Wood is worth the offsides. He will be our top scorer this season.
    I kept the faith Outwood, I always knew it wasn't your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Strange that he has been involved in 14 games this season, starting 12 of them. In those games we have picked up 18 points and he has been reponsible for scoring the winning goal against Everton and came on as a sub at Brighton to score the equaliser.

The manager must think that he has a place in the team because he has played in 112 of 129 PL matches since he arrived at the Turf. Of those matches we have won 36 and drawn 25, picking up 133 points which is an average of 1.19 points per game which, over a season, equates to 45 points.
    Anyway, his contract will soon come to an end and you will not have to worry about him again ---you will then consider him to be just like Dean Marney, who was never well thought of by our fans in his first couple of seasons and his value was only appreciated when he could not play!
    It's a strange game but it is built on teamwork rather than individuals.
    Well don't know where the Dean Marney issue came into my post, and in any event whilst with us I thought Dean Marney was reasonably good and contributed well. No matter what stats you put up I hear what is said around me in the ground and you will not hear much cheer towards Hendrick but what matters is his own personal contribution which based on your own comments suggest he has scored twice in 112 games not very productive. His ability to let games pass by him is unsurpassable. And yes I will be glad when he Hart and Lennon are released as non of them have positive contributions. Along with some others. Yes as you say it is a strange game which allows many to have their own opinions from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well don't know where the Dean Marney issue came into my post, and in any event whilst with us I thought Dean Marney was reasonably good and contributed well. No matter what stats you put up I hear what is said around me in the ground and you will not hear much cheer towards Hendrick but what matters is his own personal contribution which based on your own comments suggest he has scored twice in 112 games not very productive. His ability to let games pass by him is unsurpassable. And yes I will be glad when he Hart and Lennon are released as non of them have positive contributions. Along with some others. Yes as you say it is a strange game which allows many to have their own opinions from time to time.
    It would be wise to read things properly before digging holes. I said that he has scored twice this season ----not in 112 games. I know what lots of fans come out with, in fact, there is a woman sits behind me who never, ever has a good word to say about Hendrick --even when he scored against Everton!
    My comparison to Marney was made because for two seasons most of our fans failed to see just what he contributed to the team and a lot were very derisory about him, mainly clouded because he was playing next to a badly performing Chris McCann who was a fans' favourite and could do no wrong in spite of struggling when he returned from injury. It was only when Dave Jones came into the team that fans started to realise just what Marney contributed to the team and this was highlighted when he was injured just after the transfer window closed.

I don't argue with your opinion or anyone else for that matter, I just feel that Hendrick is not appreciated by the vast majority of fans and he knows it so will not sign a new contract ---would you?
    He will leave and do well somewhere else where he will possibly be appreciated, in the meantime he is yet another useful cog in our team which will need replacing. He will be just 28 in January and has 54 international caps and, just for the record, scored one of the best team goals that I have ever seen Burnley score in 68 years of support. That was at Everton in the great move which culminated in his scoring --one of 9 goals he has scored for us.

Just don't moan as and when we are able to sign his replacement, they all need time to bed in and it doesn't happen overnight.
    You lose someone who has been an important cog in the system and it will take some time for someone else to get used to their role.

Sorry I'm late getting back to you Sub, been out for a meal with friends all night.

You are correct Sub, Nobody is forced to watch BFC, but once having a taste for it we have no choice to follow them in good and mostly bad periods, and yes, opinions are like arseholes in that everyone has one, I didn't and don't disrespect your view, I just said IMO the game was poor and with that bragging rights are futile, I still support BFC which I have done since I was 15, I go to very few games nowadays but spend my precious time watching every full BFC game at least twice from start to finish on video (Good or Bad), just because I air my views which differ from yours and others does not make me or you unique or right or wrong, its just a forum to exchange differences, which with BFC there have been many things that just don't add up, to keep this Forum moving with posters debating .

Sorry but you lost me with your Fiction paragraph ?

A fan on here we both know has indeed saved himself a lot of money (and pain) by not attending Burnley games anymore, and you sound like Garlick and Co by echoing their spin with saying "we have been struggling to stay in the Premier League ever since we won promotion and that will always be the case", And we will always struggle and eventually fall out of the PL if we don't invest, act professionally and stop this little old Burnley attitude, but then again, its just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It would be wise to read things properly before digging holes. I said that he has scored twice this season ----not in 112 games. I know what lots of fans come out with, in fact, there is a woman sits behind me who never, ever has a good word to say about Hendrick --even when he scored against Everton!
    My comparison to Marney was made because for two seasons most of our fans failed to see just what he contributed to the team and a lot were very derisory about him, mainly clouded because he was playing next to a badly performing Chris McCann who was a fans' favourite and could do no wrong in spite of struggling when he returned from injury. It was only when Dave Jones came into the team that fans started to realise just what Marney contributed to the team and this was highlighted when he was injured just after the transfer window closed.

I don't argue with your opinion or anyone else for that matter, I just feel that Hendrick is not appreciated by the vast majority of fans and he knows it so will not sign a new contract ---would you?
    He will leave and do well somewhere else where he will possibly be appreciated, in the meantime he is yet another useful cog in our team which will need replacing. He will be just 28 in January and has 54 international caps and, just for the record, scored one of the best team goals that I have ever seen Burnley score in 68 years of support. That was at Everton in the great move which culminated in his scoring --one of 9 goals he has scored for us.

Just don't moan as and when we are able to sign his replacement, they all need time to bed in and it doesn't happen overnight.
    You lose someone who has been an important cog in the system and it will take some time for someone else to get used to their role.
    I shouldn't really get involved Sub as I don't watch them anymore, I only see them for 90 minutes when they're live on't box, or the 30 minutes highlights on Sky, so my views on Hendrick aren't worth much at all really. But what I have seen recently only confirms my first impressions of him when I did still go on't Turf, and I've never rated him, not from the moment he first arrived. Imo he's nowhere near good enough, although he has his moments of course, and his worst position imo is CM, although many others are convinced this is his best slot. I suspect Sean only sees him as a stop gap, cover for when others get injured or lose form. But what do I know, let's see where he ends up when he leaves, I'll bet he has to drop down a division, it won't be another PL club that takes him on, if it is I'll hold my hand up, I was wrong again.

".....Sorry but you lost me with your Fiction paragraph ?.....!

alto --just to clarify, I was giving an example of something which I do not like, therefore, I do not waste my time and money on it because it is my choice. A Burnley fan has exactly the same choice, don't like the football then don't waste your time and money.

I have said many times that the only way that we can really hope to progress is by attracting a lot of outside investment and both you and I know that this would not be accepted by many of the the very parochial Clarets fans.
    To be honest, it would be hard to attract outside interest because Burnley are just a town club which had become run down in many aspects.
    Sean Dyche has been responsible for improving the whole infrastructure of the club. in particular the complex at Barnfield, and this only adds to the value of the club and could be a factor to attract outside investment, however, I am still under the impression that many Clarets fans would not want foreign owners.

Personally, I am able to accept things as they are and to support the team because I have no say whatsoever in what happens at the Club, therefore, it is not on my non-existent list of things to worry about and I am still happy to pay my money and go to watch and support my team. I appreciate that there ae those who cannot go, those who do not wish to go etc., and that is what I have always said ---they have freedom of choice!

I am just happy that when Steve Bruce was manager of Aston Villa he offloaded Ashley Westwood to us. I bet he was chuffed with his decision when that wicked corner landed on Chris Wood’s head! (or should it have been a goal kick or a free kick to Newcastle).

It looked an obvious Newcastle free-kick to me, but for once it wasn't us on the receiving end of piss poor refereeing.

It's great that we all have our own opinions of the team we all love and support .. Especially when we can discuss them without resorting to calling each other names ,unlike other certain forums.. UTC.KTF .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)