+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Burnley v Newcastle

I have no problem with the decision for the corner,it was clear that the Newcastle player rolled it out under his body.Steve Bruce was being very unkind to the referee in pointing out that it was his first EPL game,so what,the decision was correct.

In the Premier League we are unique.We are a small town Club with Directors who are not billionaires but are genuine supporters of the Club.I cannot watch many games because of where I live but when people recognise the shirt (No it's not West Ham or Villa) they are almost always complimentary about the Club,we are perceived as a well run Club with a very good Manager and we are genuine.We are not the plaything of some foreign billionaire who changes the Manager frequently (Watford) and we are respected for that.

Some supporters may wish to see foreign investors who could take us onto the next level but I am not one of them,I just love seeing us battle successfully to stay in the money dominated EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It looked an obvious Newcastle free-kick to me, but for once it wasn't us on the receiving end of piss poor refereeing.
    sinkov, as is the way with modern football, Fernandez had been going down all afternoon if anyone had made contact with him. He tried to manufacture a foul and, in the referee's opinion, he failed which resulted in the corner being given once the AR had intervened.
    This one went our way, others don't.
    Willem found the physical approach of Barnes very difficult to handle and he too was going down too easily.

The laugh this morning though is Andy Carroll complaining in the Mail about beig singled out by referees and that we had got away with murder because he had a few bruises, as had Schar etc., etc.
    Sadly, we know the way that the game is going at this level, the livestock is worth too much money!

I just wonder if Gayle had scored with the sitter he missed whether it would have been referred to VAR for the obvious foul on Pieters.?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, as is the way with modern football, Fernandez had been going down all afternoon if anyone had made contact with him. He tried to manufacture a foul and, in the referee's opinion, he failed which resulted in the corner being given once the AR had intervened.
    This one went our way, others don't.
    Willem found the physical approach of Barnes very difficult to handle and he too was going down too easily.

The laugh this morning though is Andy Carroll complaining in the Mail about beig singled out by referees and that we had got away with murder because he had a few bruises, as had Schar etc., etc.
    Sadly, we know the way that the game is going at this level, the livestock is worth too much money!
    His biggest bruise must be on his elbow after he assaulted Ben Mee.

SKY has fabulous coverage in Germany, you get a load of games being live streamed. I took the Child Bride into the Dusseldorf Turkish quarter to a Sports bar I have visited before. The beer was cheap, the kebabs out of this world and watching twenty games simultaneously is amazing.

After a few jars for us and a few strong coffees for the Turkish lads they were soon joining in the fun. When Burnley and Newcastle were on one of the cheeky so and so's said it's like watching Real Madrid and Barcelona. Cue mass hysteria in a downtown Turkish bar!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)