+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh that Election

Oh that Election

Well it’s the last full day of campaigning and I can’t wait to see the back of it. I have studiously avoided all the TV coverage but it has been plastered all over Facebook to which I am sadly addicted. I am really sick to the back teeth with all the posturing and sledging and lying from all sides. I will vote for what I think is right and I hope that the party receiving my vote doesn’t take it as an endorsement for the whole sorry political process we as an electorate have been put through. I will doubtless stay up to the wee small hours of Friday morning to see how the nation has voted and then move on.

I'll be in Germany. I'm voting at 7.00 am, then flying off to escape the prospect of another five years of Tory lies and austerity.

God help us.

Election ?.....oh, that thing where they divide folk and sucker them into believing that the Vote matters - all started a few hundred years ago when they discovered that the best way to quell social uprising/Revolution was to have the People isolate each other intead of them - proletariat dreams vs petty bourgeoise fears etc. - and the icing on the cake...have them throw their lot in on agents of confusion, defilers, acting out their duty by effecting the agenda of the True Kings of Power.

You Decide ?

I believe the millionairess Gina Miller is ready to take it all the way to Supreme Court if Boris wins. They don't quite know yet on what grounds the election could be declared illegal and the result null and void, but they're confident the Supreme Court judges will think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I believe the millionairess Gina Miller is ready to take it all the way to Supreme Court if Boris wins. They don't quite know yet on what grounds the election could be declared illegal and the result null and void, but they're confident the Supreme Court judges will think of something.
    sinkov--don't give her any ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Well it’s the last full day of campaigning and I can’t wait to see the back of it. I have studiously avoided all the TV coverage but it has been plastered all over Facebook to which I am sadly addicted. I am really sick to the back teeth with all the posturing and sledging and lying from all sides. I will vote for what I think is right and I hope that the party receiving my vote doesn’t take it as an endorsement for the whole sorry political process we as an electorate have been put through. I will doubtless stay up to the wee small hours of Friday morning to see how the nation has voted and then move on.
    I'm like you Outwood, I've given the TV coverage a miss, not even watched the news programmes, which has had Mrs S complaining that she hasn't a clue what's going on in the world, but it's meant a relatively peaceful and stress free few weeks, in the knowledge that I'll be voting for Tory Nigel Evans, and nothing on earth can make me change my mind, so why waste my time with all that electioneering, lies, Fake News, propaganda and garbage.

Yesterday though I relented a bit, I had a quick look at the Daily Telegraph and then for balance at the Grauniad. Bloody hell, I always read the Gruaniad in the full knowledge that it's written by hacks who are also lefty activists, so I know what to expect and judge it accordingly, but I was still shocked by what I read. I know these hacks are deluded, I fully expect that, but this stuff was like it was written by people who were not deluded but demented. I know also that BDS has take it's toll, but I ended up really feeling for these lefty Hacks and the lefties who read this garbage and swallow it hook, line and sinker, and especially my good lefty friends 59 and BT.

How do you guys sleep at night, knowing that an amalgamation of Adolf Hitler, Donald Trump and Pol Pot is likely to be running our country for the next five years ? You poor buggers must be terrified, and I don't suppose reading the Metro, the Indie or listening to the BBC will make it any better either will it ?

Would it help if I told you it's all hysterical, lefty, scaremongering nonsense, designed to frighten the snowflakes into going out to vote, but you're grown ups, you survived Saint Margaret, you'll survive Boris as well, honest.

The aftermath of the subject of your wet dreams sinkov, still resonates today...

Attachment 14566

Well I’ve voted and when I wake up tomorrow we will get on with it whatever it is Boris Jeremy or hung Parliament because that is what people have voted for. It won’t ever be like 2016 when we voted Leave and were told you can’t have it because of lies. How many lies have been told in this campaign. I have lost count. Angry at what has been done? You better believe it.

"How do you guys sleep at night, knowing that an amalgamation of Adolf Hitler, Donald Trump and Pol Pot is likely to be running our country for the next five years ? You poor buggers must be terrified, and I don't suppose reading the Metro, the Indie or listening to the BBC will make it any better either will it ?"

It's a serious question though BT, do you actually believe all that you read about Boris in the Grauniad, and if you do, how DO you sleep of a night ? If I believed only half of that nonsense I wouldn't be able to sleep, I'd be hunting down a source of cyanide tablets, or praying that the Russians will invade us, or the Martians have landed. No wonder some Burnley fans can't get through on The Samaritans Hotline, it's overloaded with lefty Grauniad readers.

I just don't understand what there is to worry about whatever happens.
    Life will go on and it is what you make it, in spite of what our wonderful poiticians do.

I shall continue my life, won't worry about a thing and make things happen that need to happen.
    Keep smiling folks, life is never as bad as you may think and when it kicks you in the teeth, just smile and get on with it.

Remember that, according to all politicians, Utopia is just around the corner!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)