+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Matthew Le tissier was watching the Burnley/Newcastle game with Jeff Sterling and the rest of the Sky team, he made me laugh with the honest comment "Newcastle not playing well at all, but they don't have too with this Burnley side"
    Just ask him the score and how many saves Pope had to make. You could also ask him were abouts in the League are his super footballing ex-team. Easy to criticise --- as only Burnley fans know. We won, Newcastle lost and so did Southampton ---so up your Le Tissier!

Bragging rights for you Ashy.. Give em plenty of stick..

No Bragging rights regardless of the score with that performance Alf as you indicated in post # 7.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Well frankly I feel like a Jonah as my last 3 match previews have resulted in 3 crushing defeats".

If it's any consolation Outwood, others might, but I don't blame you for our recent defeats. But if this run continues.......
    That is a monkey off my back sinkov. Chris Wood is worth the offsides. He will be our top scorer this season.

No Bragging rights regardless of the score with that performance Alf as you indicated in post # 7.
    Oh yes there are, particularly when you live where I do and, within my family, have one Burnley supporting son and one Toon supporting son.
    The Geordies had just won three games on the trot and we had just lost three on the trot and the general opinion up these parts was that it would be easy.
    We won, they lost and we played better than them and they did not have one shot on target, however, this apparently does not matter because we did not play like Watford, Norwich, Southampton, Aston Villa, Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Brighton etc.

Perhaps we should play the 'Burnley' way.

Alto, Always bragging rights when you live in Geordieland for Ashy.. The Geordies were abysmal,even more abysmal than us and like he says they never had a shot on target .. Our style of football is never going to change so we just have to suck it and keep staying up taking the money as long as we can,because we will never attract the kind of players that you and me want us to get.. The dry powder room is well and truly under Garlicks lock and key..

Enjoy your bragging rights for what they are worth to you, but IMO when you are both poor, bragging rights are futile.

An analogy would be 2 guys in the pub bragging about the size of their Manhood, yet neither know how to use it, so the only one that suffers is their wives, in Burnley and Newcastle's case its the fans

About time BFC changed their attitude Alf, because the money will no longer be there when we get relegated, which will not be long off if we keep stocking that dry powder room.

Enjoy your bragging rights for what they are worth to you, but IMO when you are both poor, bragging rights are futile.

An analogy would be 2 guys in the pub bragging about the size of their Manhood, yet neither know how to use it, so the only one that suffers is their wives, in Burnley and Newcastle's case its the fans

About time BFC changed their attitude Alf, because the money will no longer be there when we get relegated, which will not be long off if we keep stocking that dry powder room.
    The difference is alto that nobody is forced to go and watch our team or Newcastle. You have a freedom of choice, it is your own money that you pay to purchase entry to the game. If you do not enjoy what you are seeing then just don't go --it really is that simple. The game will be played whether the ground is full or there is just me and a few more who enjoy supportig our lads' endeavours.

You have made it quite obvious that you do not like the way that we play, you don't like the Board, you want us to spend etc., etc.
    Fine, that is your opinion, it just happens to be different to how I feel.

I do not like fiction, whether it is written in a book, made into a film or is on TV. I make a personal choice not to buy a book in which I am not interested. I make a personal choice not to buy a ticket for the cinema. I make a personal choice that I do not watch it on TV because I do not wish to waste my time and money.

Fans who do not wish to watch the football at the Turf could save themselves a lot of money and use that increase in their finances to enhance their enjoyment of life, after all, we have been struggling to stay in the Premier League ever since we won promotion and that will always be the case. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

.....that is your opinion, it just happens to be different to how I feel.

thats right Sub.....and as with others - we value how You feel !

I am more than happy with the result. However I have to say I do not know how Hendrick keeps his place in the team. He is becoming another George Boyd rushing to where the ball was only to find it is somewhere else and his positional sense is non existent, cant tackle and cant head so what is his job. He is like a chicken with no head absolutely poor. It is midfield where we need to strengthen as the game often passes the midfield by, although we are much better with Westwood his work rate is immense. So come on SD do something in Jan to rectify this weakness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)