+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield

Mansfield

So another return for Maynard, if selected. No doubt he'll score if he does play.
    It's going to be wet and windy so not ideal but I think we'll scrape through 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So another return for Maynard, if selected. No doubt he'll score if he does play.
    It's going to be wet and windy so not ideal but I think we'll scrape through 2-1.
    How old is Maynard now. With the club looking to have new owners soon might it be a chance to bring him home if we get promoted

He’s 33 so the question would be is he good enough to cut it one division higher. If we aren’t careful we could have the oldest strike partnership and the oldest CBs in the League, and everyone else not long out of nappies!!!

Got a feeling this is going to be a close competitive game. As always hoping for a win. Would like to see our midfield strengthened but realise that is probably not going to happen. Probably be one change with Anene getting a start/ If that is the team think that our sub bench has to be strong and competitive.

Can someone give us a summary of today's game as I was unable to make it today. I did listen to it but McGarry spent at least 50% of the match not talking about the game. He almost missed the Mansfield goal a d several times TD us there was an incident but neglected to tell us who was involved or indeed which way play was going😠

70% possession and unable to win. A recurring story over the years, typically against teams placed 18th or so. At least we didn't lose as we might have done in previou years. However, luck seemed to be on our side in that respect. Who'd have thought Maynard would miss 3 one-on-ones ??
    So what can be done? We had 18 shots (only) 6 on target. Finney again getting into really good positions but not converting. The real problem seems to be, as it has been for a while, the final ball. We have 2 right wingers who can both beat their opponents but then are unable to find the final pass.
    Sounded like Charlie had a much better game and a bit of hard luck.
    Jonah sounds like he's not getting back to his best and Pixie having a bit of a slump.

Agree, pixie not kicking on as expected.
    Thought Jones did ok after coming on. Not as sharp as he would have been with more minutes under his belt.
    Powell was excellent first half, but faded.
    Chuma, same. Anonymous second half.
    Finney, again got into good positions, but was unlucky or on wrong foot.....it will come good.
    Lowery. Superb pass for our goal
    Wintle. Solid and MoM for me, with Will J a close second.
    We dominated, they were the poorest team I've seen at GR this season, but we could have lost by two , three or even four goals easily......thank you Nicky Maynard, and the guy at the end for the missed chances, and Will for the saves.
    No doubt our resident tacticians will disagree.

I'm pretty sure that the crowd was 4020 ish, with 300 or so from Mansfield. So, why the f*** from the 3500 or so crewe fans has nobody bothered to reply to Gazan?
    Ok it's a Saturday night, but this forum is a total waste of time. It's the exchange of views between 4/5 contributors.

Thanks for the support but can we not work to improve that number?
    We've recently managed to make it a forum of ideas rather than a Twitbook troll venue.
    I'd rather have a decent conversation on football with 4 or 5 people than just read exchanges of slightly hidden abuse or one person ranting about his unchanging views.
    Let's keep plugging away!
    Have you got another football topic you'd like to bring up?🙂

Anyway.... I make it a out 8 people😉

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast