+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 507

Thread: O/T Okay enough of politics and football.....I'm starting a 60's music thread......

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,555
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    It's all down to taste mate and I have to say that I really do love Levi's voice too.
    Me too guys....


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,555
    60's without this guy.....you gotta be joking....


  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    This one seemed to coincide with me noticing that other things were happening around the world, other than birds, pubs, and more birds
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...x27i6L0ms5tv1I
    This is a very, very good call. Up there with the three dozen or so records in my top ten! What a seminal group, as well, in terms of who went where after they split up.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,555
    Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    This is a very, very good call. Up there with the three dozen or so records in my top ten! What a seminal group, as well, in terms of who went where after they split up.
    Good afternoon CT at your end, good morning from where I am.

    Couldn't go amiss without playing Miss Knight and her Pips..


  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,555
    Always found these a happy clappy group...



    Love their shirts...when fashion was cool...

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,223
    Haha. I've played this one a few times (both the record and on the guitar; it's brilliant to sing.)

    We lived just down the road from Camp Pendleton when we were living in Southern California a few years back. (I never knew what "They stationed him at Pendleton, not far away" meant until I drove past it!)

    And, of course, the A-side is iconic as the opener for RSG...

    The first band I played in when I was about 13 - The Orbits - did a good rendition of Wipe Out. Had an excellent drummer, Keith Hall, who went on to be a founder member of Pickettywitch and subsequently joined Gerry and The Pacemakers in their later years.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    BLOS, you've captivated me with this track I just can't stop playing it pal....
    Yea mate its a great track innit.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Good afternoon CT at your end, good morning from where I am.

    Couldn't go amiss without playing Miss Knight and her Pips..

    You're up late, Brin. Must be 2.30am in UK. Couldn't sleep?

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,555
    Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Haha. I've played this one a few times (both the record and on the guitar; it's brilliant to sing.)

    We lived just down the road from Camp Pendleton when we were living in Southern California a few years back. (I never knew what "They stationed him at Pendleton, not far away" meant until I drove past it!)

    And, of course, the A-side is iconic as the opener for RSG...

    The first band I played in when I was about 13 - The Orbits - did a good rendition of Wipe Out. Had an excellent drummer, Keith Hall, who went on to be a founder member of Pickettywitch and subsequently joined Gerry and The Pacemakers in their later years.
    You're a dark horse you...sure you're next ex MI5?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    If you listen to " Pet Sounds Sessions" you've got the full album in both accapella or just the instrumental backing and the full versions re-mixed in full stereo
    I heard some of the Pet Sounds Sessions recently, Lincs, and it was stonkingly good stuff. Voices like angels.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •