+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Okay enough of politics and football.....I'm starting a 60's music thread......

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    That is one of my favourite albums of all time. Simply wonderful.
    Ah, a man with similar (good) taste! I think the band (sans Arthur Lee, of course,) did their final ever UK tour earlier this year. That's it now - done.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That's a remarkable bit of footage, Lincs. As you say, the video quality is amazing. The guy who put it together did a good job.

I always think, Karl Green, the bass player looks like a young Michael Parkinson! He cowrote some of the songs and apparently is still going strong (though not with the Hermits.)
    Yes CT, Its sad that most of the early 60s recordings on TOTP, Ready Steady Go etc were erased after each show. I understand Dave Clark bought the copyright to the ones that didn't get wiped

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjmxp9-cGQI

Who's the weird looking guy at the beginning of this vid??
    Have to say I always preferred the original version of this by The Tokens. But good to hear this again. I was having a look at their history on Wiki and was very surprised to see that the original Rockin' Berries line-up included Christine Perfect from Fleetwood Mac. I never knew that.

If you just want to chill out while listening to some great music you just cant beat the 60's. Here are one of my fave duo's to do just that too. Yesterday's Gone - Chad & Jeremy. Perfect.

Last edited by CAMiller; 13-12-2019 at 06:29 PM.

This one is from a very underrated band who made some great stuff. I have to thank my mate for introducing me to them about 10 years back. Should have made it BIG back in the day. The Hullaballos - Beware.

Last edited by CAMiller; 13-12-2019 at 06:29 PM.

For me this is this young lady at her very best. LULU - LEAVE A LITTLE LOVE

Last edited by CAMiller; 13-12-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Think I better make this my last one or I might be here all night. Great song, Great singer. Crispian St. Peters - Pied Piper.

Last edited by CAMiller; 13-12-2019 at 06:33 PM.

I guess CAM liked my choices lol. One more just for you CAM. Them - Gloria

Last edited by CAMiller; 13-12-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Oh OK just 1 more then i'm done lol. My fave ever from this massive band. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter.

Last edited by CAMiller; 13-12-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Have you got the right vid here Brin ? Cilla Black covered Bacharachs Anyone Who Had A Heart and Alfie, don't think BB was involved in the production of this one
    Lincs, apologies I was getting carried away with just how much he wrote that our Cill sang. It was Umberto Bindi with Gino Paoli and Carl Sigman who wrote it. I wasn't aware if was first released in Italy and did nothing but was later picked up in the UK.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast