+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Next Labour Leader thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Just been listening to Caroline flint talk about labour front bench, she is fuming at Kerr starmar , Emily thornbury for there lack if respect of the labour heartlands and said Emily thornbury said to her I’m glad my constituents aren’t as thick as yours” (check sky news Sophy Ridge) she also said people like them will not win back the seats they lost, which is exact same thing as I said
    Ms Emily Thornberry has denied making those remarks and asked Ms Caroline Flint to withdraw her remarks. It looks like a solicitor could be busy anytime soon.

Looks that way but apparently there’s a witness

Looks that way but apparently there’s a witness
    Stood on the grassy knoll

Signed up for labour to vote for Lisa Nandy not because I don’t like Tory’s (I’m a neutral) but because I think the other 3 candidates are weak as pee. Lisa Nandy is the only one who Stands a chance at winning in 5 years.

Even that Tory editor for mail says Tory’s fear Nandy

Il say this now

Keir vs Johnson - winner Johnson
    Thornberry vs Johnson - winner Johnson
    Bailey vs Johnson winner Johnson
    Nandy vs Johnson winner Nandy

Reason I think this is Tory’s will remind people how the other three betrayed the leave voters, where if Nandy wins brexit will have happened so remainers in my opinion will ether want to rejoin the EU or most likely want to move on. But in the end trust will be a big factor in next election

Signed up for labour to vote for Lisa Nandy not because I don’t like Tory’s (I’m a neutral) but because I think the other 3 candidates are weak as pee. Lisa Nandy is the only one who Stands a chance at winning in 5 years.

Even that Tory editor for mail says Tory’s fear Nandy

Il say this now

Keir vs Johnson - winner Johnson
    Thornberry vs Johnson - winner Johnson
    Bailey vs Johnson winner Johnson
    Nandy vs Johnson winner Nandy

Reason I think this is Tory’s will remind people how the other three betrayed the leave voters, where if Nandy wins brexit will have happened so remainers in my opinion will ether want to rejoin the EU or most likely want to move on. But in the end trust will be a big factor in next election
    It doesn't matter who becomes leader, the Labour party is a busted flush. It has so many different factions fighting against each other that it would take a miracle worker to unite them. None of the candidates appear to be capable of doing that based on their pitches to date aimed at winning the support of the membership.
    In any case, the members of the Labour Party have a dreadful track record when it comes to electing leaders......Ed Miliband, Jeremy Corbyn ffs......what makes anyone think they will do better this time with such a weak bunch of candidates to pick from?
    The party looks like being in opposition for a very long time always assuming it doesn't actually completely destroy itself which it is in real danger of doing.

We are now a one party state and will stay that way forever - get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Unless Labour turn away from extremist views you could be right, their best chance could be Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Unless Labour turn away from extremist views you could be right, their best chance could be Tony Blair
    Laughable

Tony Blair's views were more or less the same as the Tories anyway, so no wonder that you like him
    From what we have seen, he has little credibility now with Labour Party members. In fact many will be blaming him (and Tony's cronies) as a contributing factor to the election defeat
    Last edited by mikemiller; 23-01-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Laughable

Tony Blair's views were more or less the same as the Tories anyway, so no wonder that you like him
    From what we have seen, he has little credibility left with Labour Party members. In fact many with be blaming him (and Tony's cronies) as a contributing factor to the election defeat
    The Labour Party has no credibility left, full stop.
    Divisive factions, laughable policies, weak leadership candidates, four election defeats in a row. But hey, they won the argument (!) and it's still all Tony Blair's fault. No wonder they're sinking like a stone.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    The Tories did even worse in 1997 than Labour back in December, they came back, after 13 years yes but not forever.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast