+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Next Labour Leader thread

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Because I won't betray my working class roots and this world ain't all about plush boardrooms and portfolios and never will be .

At the end of the day nowt gets done without the lads n lasses on the shop floor and no fecker creates wealth without em either .

Corbyn maybe many things but I understood the narrative .

When capitalism is the tide that raises all ships feel free to give me a shout and I might have a rethink .
    So, if for example the Conservative party had a manifesto that was more appealing to the working class than labour and their previous time in government was geared towards helping the working more than ever, would you vote for them? Hypothetical question.

Mickey fkn mouse 😊😊😊😊😊😊
    Labour spent force.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Again I don’t think that’s true at all animal I think the fact that Tory’s won 3 elections was because of the other side being better than labour at the time.

Let’s look at past 4 elections

Brown had the country dump on him after Blair and never got a chance to fix things, but the country was in such a mess that people had run out of patience and the most common thought at the time we need a business man to fix this. Huge mistake in my opinion

Miliband had got the leadership after backstabbing his own brother, people do not like back stabbers look at gove people turned on him the same way as milliband, add that promise of a referendum on Eu to the mix and the mood shifted to Tory’s more.

Corbyn 2017

Corbyn was a strong contender first time around he was opinionated no nonsense left wing reformist people liked that, that’s why he got so many seats back from miliband, he lost votes on security issues and his life time on being a overseas diplomat would be great as a foreign secretary but a prime minister needs to look after his people and people didn’t think he would look after them at the time especially after so many terrorist attacks and his weak diplomatic response. Also his manefesto was a bit too unbelievable due to austerity people thought we was as broke as Cuba.

Corbyn 2019

They basically didn’t learn a bloody thing from 2017 instead they made it a bigger manifesto and what’s worse they kept adding new things it was like a advent calendar, corbyn was nowhere near as strong as he was in 2017 he was he surrounded himself with remoaners in his front bench and declared himself neutral then added a policy of a second referendum With remain vs practically remain it was suicidal in England and alienated many in the north, by them making it about party over country for three years. However boris came across as democratic let’s get it done and cherry picked some of corbyns ideas and matched it with his own spin on it.

If you ask me I think I would have kept to the referendum result and put across the message Tory’s can’t get it done in 3 years vote labour for a competent government who will bring order to chaos. Instead they got caught in the London bubble and made bad choices because of it
    I think personally whenever you lose a GE as a leader you should go and yesterday's humiliation should make that happen from now on .

Like an England manager who fails to qualify for the world cup or euros , thanks but si thi .

I take the point Corbyn had something going in 2017 but the fact is we still lost and defeat is defeat .

It's contentious whether he should have earned another crack , I can see the merits of another go but after last night that ships now sailed for me and lets make that the benchmark , unless you are sitting in Downing Street your out .

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    So, if for example the Conservative party had a manifesto that was more appealing to the working class than labour and their previous time in government was geared towards helping the working more than ever, would you vote for them? Hypothetical question.
    You misunderstand the nature of the Labour party Shark. Broadly speaking, the Labour party has its roots in the working class and Trade Unions. The Conservative party doesn't. THe tories are quite anti trade union as a rule.While ever the Labour party is funded by the unions the Labour party policies will always be geared up to support the working class. The Tory party are funded by big business etc so the tories are never likely to have a manifesto more geared up to the needs of the working class as much as Labour. Both the parties serve a different body of people. It is one of the reasons why I always argue that it is folly for working class people to support the Tories rather than the Labour party. I am not trying to be arsey with you its just a simple fact.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You misunderstand the nature of the Labour party Shark. Broadly speaking, the Labour party has its roots in the working class and Trade Unions. The Conservative party doesn't. THe tories are quite anti trade union as a rule.While ever the Labour party is funded by the unions the Labour party policies will always be geared up to support the working class. The Tory party are funded by big business etc so the tories are never likely to have a manifesto more geared up to the needs of the working class as much as Labour. Both the parties serve a different body of people. It is one of the reasons why I always argue that it is folly for working class people to support the Tories rather than the Labour party. I am not trying to be arsey with you its just a simple fact.
    I haven't read your reply (apart from the first line), I just asked a hypothetical question. I haven't misunderstood anything. Just a simple yes or no answer is what I wanted.

I thought I was the arsey one! I was just trying to help you.

There isn't a yes no answer by the way because it would never happen in my opinion for the reasons I have mentioned which you haven't read. Animal may say different but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I thought I was the arsey one! I was just trying to help you.

There isn't a yes no answer by the way because it would never happen in my opinion for the reasons I have mentioned which you haven't read. Animal may say different but I doubt it.
    You obviously don't like hypothetical questions. You shouldn't have replied in the first place.

Just to be clear I would quite happily vote for any party who I thought were the best for our country be it lab, cons, libs, greens etc. See, it's not that hard, but there are people throughout this country (lab and cons) who would never vote for anyone else which is quite sad in my opinion. Look at you when you kept voting Blair.

That might work if we all lived in the south of england but my life experience tells me that such a tory manifesto up here in the north is for the fairies .

I only speak from life experience , that's all I have , it's actually all I need to tell the truth .

I didn't wake up one morning and start despising the tories for nothing , before 1984 to tell the truth I wasn't that bothered about who was in government , that all changed in 84 and in the 35 years that's followed I've seen very little from them that's changed my mind .

I take the point the strike left its mark on me but then again why wouldn't it ? .

When a government throws 35k people in my town on the scrap heap and leaves you to rot then I'm hardly likely to have much faith in them and that's without mentioning the last 9 years .

Many people in the heartlands may have conveniently forgotten what these feckers are capable of yesterday but I never will .

You obviously don't like hypothetical questions. You shouldn't have replied in the first place.

Just to be clear I would quite happily vote for any party who I thought were the best for our country be it lab, cons, libs, greens etc. See, it's not that hard, but there are people throughout this country (lab and cons) who would never vote for anyone else which is quite sad in my opinion. Look at you when you kept voting Blair.
    Totally depends on your life experience Shark , the tories decided I was their class enemy not me mate .

As I said in an earlier post before 84 I couldn't give a shyte to be honest , I actually quite admired the women with how she dealt with the Iranian Embassy siege in 1980 and the Falkland Islands a couple of years later and to be fair I'd still stand by that .

I didn't hate Thatcher Shark , Thatcher hated me .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That might work if we all lived in the south of england but my life experience tells me that such a tory manifesto up here in the north is for the fairies .

I only speak from life experience , that's all I have , it's actually all I need to tell the truth .

I didn't wake up one morning and start despising the tories for nothing , before 1984 to tell the truth I wasn't that bothered about who was in government , that all changed in 84 and in the 35 years that's followed I've seen very little from them that's changed my mind .

I take the point the strike left its mark on me but then again why wouldn't it ? .

When a government throws 35k people in my town on the scrap heap and leaves you to rot then I'm hardly likely to have much faith in them and that's without mentioning the last 9 years .

Many people in the heartlands may have conveniently forgotten what these feckers are capable of yesterday but I never will .
    I was too young to be a miner. My Dad wasn't one either. I suppose I should be thankful that my mum used to go 'collecting' for securicor. Also a good thing that she never went to any nasty people's houses.

I am thankful that I don't have to be so tribal when it comes to political parties. It's hard enough been brought up to support RUFC.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast