+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Next Labour Leader thread

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Kiss goodbye to it Amimal. Brexiteers side with the Tories and killed off Labour. It will be a very long journey back.

If Johnson delivers Brexit and does a half decent job he will be back for a second term. Former Labour voters who 'loaned' their vote to the Tories will owe him a second term.
    It could be a long road back but I'd argue that could change very quickly .

Johnson has to deliver on his Brexit Utopia , the reality is , that's all he has because there's very little much past " Get Brexit Done " .

Tough trade deal negotiations have to take place , there's nobody left to blame if the EU play hardball , it's all on his shoulders now .

Whether he's a good majority or not I don't see how that helps him sat around a table with Barnier .

The EU aren't going to give us a competitive edge anytime soon and there maybe trouble ahead .

Trouble I suspect a good number of his new fan base may not have prepared for .

There's a lot going to be going on here and as I say it's all on his head now .

There's also the small matter of the rest of the country , let's see what drops out of the tory money tree 18 months from now , the manifesto goes a little quiet after 12 months in government .

It may not be beyond the realms of possibility that the electorate are demanding we rejoin the EU in a few years time , stranger things have happened .

Who can predict anything mate these days , we live in traumatic times .

Whoever they choose they need to avoid toxic characters such Jess Phillips, Emily Thornberry, Angela Raynor, Diane Abbott, Rebecca Long Bailey.
    None of those will be able to attract voters in the future.
    Too much baggage from the recent past

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Whoever they choose they need to avoid toxic characters such Jess Phillips, Emily Thornberry, Angela Raynor, Diane Abbott, Rebecca Long Bailey.
    Amen to that

I admit I'm a minority but while I'm breathing I still think it's a bit of a fecker when a Labour Leader has to look like a Tory , speak like a Tory and have Tory light policies to attract middle England to gain entry in to Downing Street .

It's quite possible I won't ever vote again which isn't exactly going to hurt any party in the future but clearly I have no political home and I don't see that changing .

The party isn't going to stay left leaning after this debacle and I ain't selling out either .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I admit I'm a minority but while I'm breathing I still think it's a bit of a fecker when a Labour Leader has to look like a Tory , speak like a Tory and have Tory light policies to attract middle England to gain entry in to Downing Street .

It's quite possible I won't ever vote again which isn't exactly going to hurt any party in the future but clearly I have no political home and I don't see that changing .

The party isn't going to stay left leaning after this debacle and I ain't selling out either .
    Tragically losing John Smith and later failing to appoint David Miliband instead of his clueless brother were major negatives for the Labour party. Allowing Momentum to call the shots and appoint Corbyn was just an accident waiting to happen and those honest Labour MPs who spoke out about the situation were abused and threatened.
    The pigeons have come home to roost and currently there doesn't appear to be a credible candidate who can unite the party and drag it into the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Tragically losing John Smith and later failing to appoint David Miliband instead of his clueless brother were major negatives for the Labour party. Allowing Momentum to call the shots and appoint Corbyn was just an accident waiting to happen and those honest Labour MPs who spoke out about the situation were abused and threatened.
    The pigeons have come home to roost and currently there doesn't appear to be a credible candidate who can unite the party and drag it into the 21st century.
    ^^^^ Good post mellow ^^^^ agree 100%

@ animal... they don't have to be as far right as Blair, centrist / centre left. Someone to unite the party.
    Momentum do call a lot of the shots, proven by the fact a lot are prepared to walk away if Labour move back to centre.
    They've lost my vote, if Green or Independent are available that's my choice.

Labour losing seats they've held for nearly a hundred years. These voters were people that the party have abandoned to follow it's own mandate of terrorist appeasing and lining up future jobs in the Euro parliament. They are less Stockbridge and more Oxbridge. Sadly it will take a generation to turn it round. They've let their ground support down and have been punished for it.

The problem with Corbyn was that he was a spent force about three years ago
    Somehow he managed to reinvent himself and become reasonably popular within the Labour Party for a while.
    His popularity masterstoke seemed to be promising to abolish college fees thereby obtaining a lot of student support.
    But after he lost the 2017 election it was all downhill
    Labour should have made a change a long time ago

It,s bad for the country that Labour are in disarray because we need an effective, competent opposition to keep Mr Johnson in check and challenge what the Tories are doing. Risky times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    ^^^^ Good post mellow ^^^^ agree 100%

@ animal... they don't have to be as far right as Blair, centrist / centre left. Someone to unite the party.
    Momentum do call a lot of the shots, proven by the fact a lot are prepared to walk away if Labour move back to centre.
    They've lost my vote, if Green or Independent are available that's my choice.
    I wondered today how Blair would have approached these last few years in opposition .

He was massively Pro EU , what would he have done ?

How would he have positioned the party ? , maybe he would have got a tonking last night too .

The problem with Corbyn was that he was a spent force about three years ago
    Somehow he managed to reinvent himself and become reasonably popular within the Labour Party for a while.
    His popularity masterstoke seemed to be promising to abolish college fees thereby obtaining a lot of student support.
    But after he lost the 2017 election it was all downhill
    Labour should have made a change a long time ago

It,s bad for the country that Labour are in disarray because we need an effective, competent opposition to keep Mr Johnson in check and challenge what the Tories are doing. Risky times ahead
    The campaign was hideous , it resembled something off Spittin Image except it was real .

I'm all for the working man and a fair crack but feck me there's a line , a line that says ffs get real .

A four day working week wouldn't have worked in the 70's when we didn't have a 24/7 world so much never mind now .

Free broadband , aye alreight .

It was a like a kids xmas wish list , I want an helicopter , a submarine , free Macdonalds for life and a house in Disneyland dear santa , it embarrassed me at times .

Who the feck come up with this shyte .

NHS , affordable housing where the tories have an appalling record and got off the fence regarding brexit , preferably backed it .

Not saying Corbyn would have won with a majority by any means but he wouldn't have got routed either .

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast