+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Next Labour Leader thread

O/T Next Labour Leader thread

Sarah Champion gets my vote.

Never seen anyone canvass as hard as she did this year.

The most I have seen any candidate of any party out and about in Rotherham.

She got about the town too....I know dozens of people who had her knock on their doors at opposite ends of the town.

She also had the guts to point out the issue in the grooming scandal.

She would be a great leader,
    Last edited by CAMiller; 13-12-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: O/T Please

Bit like the band on the Titanic asking what tune people would like to hear next.

Sarah Champion won't even be considered.

If it's a male leader then .....Keir Starmer. ( he's not a Corbynite, he voted for Andy Burnham as leader )

Female leader .....Jess Phillips or Angela Rayner anyone except Long - Bailey or Emily Thornberry.

Ironic that less than 50% of Labour MP's didn't vote for Corbyn.
    Even John Healey didn't vote for him.

I agree champion would be a great prime minister and I think she could bring the north back to labour but I think they will appoint another Londoner remainer and have learned nothing.

The best balance would be a southern brexiter like Kelvin Hopkins with a mixture of south north brexit and remain mps on front bench, instead of the Londoner remain front bench we have seen under old jezza

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I agree champion would be a great prime minister and I think she could bring the north back to labour but I think they will appoint another Londoner remainer and have learned nothing.

The best balance would be a southern brexiter like Kelvin Hopkins with a mixture of south north brexit and remain mps on front bench, instead of the Londoner remain front bench we have seen under old jezza
    Momentum and McCluskey will decide the next leader of the Labour Party.

Well drastic measures are needed.

To win back respect Labour needs to:-

Get a leader from a northern constituency

Ditch Corbyn, McDonnell, Starmer and Abbott.

Ditch the unelected advisors like Baroness Chakirabatti (however spelled out)

Win back the north and ditch the London centric MPs

Rein in Momentum and weed out the behind the scenes agitators

Apologise for anti semitism and apologise for not respecting the referendum

A mammoth task but if they don't act they will become an irrelevance like the Lib Dems

I have very little faith in the ability of the current Labour Party to elect a leader who could win a General Election.

You have to be able to recognise a problem to be able to deal with it, but even before the Tories were over the line, the Corbynista wing were getting their excuse in - 'it was all about Brexit'. I don't think it was all about that at all; it was about a party that spewed spending promises in a manner that all but hard-core Labour supporters could see was unrealistic. They were also pursuing nationalisations that all but hard-core Labour supporters could see were an irrelevance and a distraction from the real issues faced by the people of this country.

The Labour Party did have a problem on Brexit in that - as I have argued before - they are essentially two parties on the issue - the Remainer London section and the Leaver rest of the country section. That was always going to be difficult to address, but the solution they came up with of having a Leader with no public opinion made them look silly.

Because they can't see the problem, Momentum will appoint one of their clone army as leader. Rebecca Long-Bailey would be my suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Momentum and McCluskey will decide the next leader of the Labour Party.
    Dead right. It's started already and the appalling Long-Bailey will probably get it. If they don't clear out the Momentum bunch then the party deserves to die I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

She also had the guts to point out the issue in the grooming scandal.

Eventually.

She's a flip-flopper.

Caroline Flint has been the only decent Labour MP round here and she's gone.

Labour are finished as a party.
    Corbyn the professional protester has cost them so much that I don’t think they will recover.
    Boris was not a popular choice but the only one that’s how bad Labour have become.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast