+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Next Labour Leader thread

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Mickey fkn mouse 😊😊😊😊😊😊
    Labour spent force.
    Don't worry crash your not the first to have your vulnerabilities exposed by an old Etonian and I'm certain you'll not be the last .

I wish Dennis Skinner was 30 years younger and was able to throw his hat into the ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I wish Dennis Skinner was 30 years younger and was able to throw his hat into the ring...
    Brin looking at this humiliation pragmatically if that's possible while things are raw and emotions still running high .

Labour didn't lose seats to the centre ground they lost them to the right wing of politics , I think that's something worth noting in the after analysis discussion .

Corbyn fought a poor campaign with a fairytale manifesto and he has to take his fair share of responsibility for that , I aint defending the above it was a shocker .

It's far more complex though just to blame Corbyn entirely , the centre of the Labour Party may want to look at themselves and have a discussion on why Corbyn ever came in to play if they had all the answers , they lost twice too let's not forget that .

Clearly there was a massive hole there they didn't see or possibly didn't wish to see whilst they held power .

To pin everything on Corbyn doesn't do it for me , the told you so's lost twice as I've stated .

Everyone within the movement needs to take a hard look at themselves , left and centre because if nobody can work it out why we lost then you ain't ever going to win in my opinion .

The centre is still very much in play as I've identified , it's not my cup of char but thats the play Labour need to head towards to win in five years time .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think personally whenever you lose a GE as a leader you should go and yesterday's humiliation should make that happen from now on .

Like an England manager who fails to qualify for the world cup or euros , thanks but si thi .

I take the point Corbyn had something going in 2017 but the fact is we still lost and defeat is defeat .

It's contentious whether he should have earned another crack , I can see the merits of another go but after last night that ships now sailed for me and lets make that the benchmark , unless you are sitting in Downing Street your out .
    I agree he should have stepped down long ago but the runner up for labour was Tom Watson I think and I’m pretty sure he would have lost his seat.
    In the end of the day Tory’s are winning because they know the British people’s mood better (welsh Scots English and N Irish squabble a lot but we turn on outside attackers like terrorists like a pack of wolves. We are incredibly stubborn and don’t like people telling us what to do and we are highly suspicious of politicians in general) when labour gets a leader who can figure that out and give real hope to people you will see a labour government.

My prediction at the moment judging from reactions in the labour party they will move more to the middle and in 5 years youl have a labour minority government. Providing of course they can get a leader who’s Currently not on the front bench. Because they have done that much damage in the north i don’t think People on the whole will forgive them for the insult

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I agree he should have stepped down long ago but the runner up for labour was Tom Watson I think and I’m pretty sure he would have lost his seat.
    In the end of the day Tory’s are winning because they know the British people’s mood better (welsh Scots English and N Irish squabble a lot but we turn on outside attackers like terrorists like a pack of wolves. We are incredibly stubborn and don’t like people telling us what to do and we are highly suspicious of politicians in general) when labour gets a leader who can figure that out and give real hope to people you will see a labour government.

My prediction at the moment judging from reactions in the labour party they will move more to the middle and in 5 years youl have a labour minority government. Providing of course they can get a leader who’s Currently not on the front bench. Because they have done that much damage in the north i don’t think People on the whole will forgive them for the insult
    Runner up to Corbyn was Owen Smith not Tom Watson, Watson was deputy leader. Corbyn didn’t even get the backing of 50% of Labour mp’s, he became leader by the Union and Momentum vote.

Margaret Beckett spoke a lot of sense on the radio yesterday. She said JC and many around him had never had the responsibility of holding high office but that "...their complete lack of experience never dented their confidence that they had the answers..." This defeat won't dent that confidence either and they'll continue on the road to perdition. This morning a Labour member (ex-MP? - I missed the intro so not sure) gave an impassioned plea for the Labour activists to b*gger off back to their Student Unions and pub meetings. It would also help if they took their Sociology degrees with them imo.

Brin looking at this humiliation pragmatically if that's possible while things are raw and emotions still running high .

Labour didn't lose seats to the centre ground they lost them to the right wing of politics , I think that's something worth noting in the after analysis discussion .

Corbyn fought a poor campaign with a fairytale manifesto and he has to take his fair share of responsibility for that , I aint defending the above it was a shocker .

It's far more complex though just to blame Corbyn entirely , the centre of the Labour Party may want to look at themselves and have a discussion on why Corbyn ever came in to play if they had all the answers , they lost twice too let's not forget that .

Clearly there was a massive hole there they didn't see or possibly didn't wish to see whilst they held power .

To pin everything on Corbyn doesn't do it for me , the told you so's lost twice as I've stated .

Everyone within the movement needs to take a hard look at themselves , left and centre because if nobody can work it out why we lost then you ain't ever going to win in my opinion .

The centre is still very much in play as I've identified , it's not my cup of char but thats the play Labour need to head towards to win in five years time .
    Good post animal

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Good post animal
    Good morning, raging. I'm not sure which bits of animal's post you particularly like. I have listened now to several Labour MPs and ex-MPs and they all stated that on the doorstep the main issue for former Labour voters was Corbyn with in one case four times as many and in another five times as many people bringing that up compared to Brexit.
    There won't be a space in the centre for Labour to move to and McCluskey and Momentum won't let them move there.
    A few weeks back on here I posted that as a lifelong Labour voter I thought we were heading for disaster because Johnson was outmaneuvering Corbyn across the board. Mike and Roly went ballistic as usual shooting the messenger. Instead of reflecting on why they got things so wrong they seem (roly at least) to want to pursue a witchhunt of "offensive views". They really will never learn.

That might work if we all lived in the south of england but my life experience tells me that such a tory manifesto up here in the north is for the fairies .

I only speak from life experience , that's all I have , it's actually all I need to tell the truth .

I didn't wake up one morning and start despising the tories for nothing , before 1984 to tell the truth I wasn't that bothered about who was in government , that all changed in 84 and in the 35 years that's followed I've seen very little from them that's changed my mind .

I take the point the strike left its mark on me but then again why wouldn't it ? .

When a government throws 35k people in my town on the scrap heap and leaves you to rot then I'm hardly likely to have much faith in them and that's without mentioning the last 9 years .

Many people in the heartlands may have conveniently forgotten what these feckers are capable of yesterday but I never will .
    For someone who came late to the class warfare game, you appeared to embrace it with gusto:

The party who I hate with a passion , I was gutted the IRA didn't kill the whole bstrd lot of em in 1984 at the Brighton conference but will take us out of the EU.
    Keep doing the reasonable guy act, animal.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 14-12-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Those in charge of the Labour Party want a ‘period of reflection’ within which to persuade themselves and the larger membership that the electorate actually loved Corbyn and his hard left manifesto, but somehow forgot to vote for it on Thursday. They are already at work on the task; it was all about Brexit, apparently.

The ‘period of reflection’ will also allow time for the Momentum dominated NEC to work out how to game the leadership competition to ensure that their candidate wins and that the Party is selling the same politics in 2024.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast