+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: O/T Next Labour Leader thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Problem is can he win back those labour voters who voted Tory due to his brexit policy?
    That's a huge problem and factor. If, at the next election, most voters are happy with how brexit goes, they press will revive every action he did on opposing brexit and the will of the people. Huge baggage and easy bullets.

However, as I said earlier, I think the odds are on the Conservatives getting into all kinds of problems when brexit hits reality and economic impact and /or betrayal flak starts to fly. At which point, the Brexit argument will lose much power in the heartlands of there is not substantial positive change. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds, but I think its gonna get messy.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    That's a huge problem and factor. If, at the next election, most voters are happy with how brexit goes, they press will revive every action he did on opposing brexit and the will of the people. Huge baggage and easy bullets.

However, as I said earlier, I think the odds are on the Conservatives getting into all kinds of problems when brexit hits reality and economic impact and /or betrayal flak starts to fly. At which point, the Brexit argument will lose much power in the heartlands of there is not substantial positive change. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds, but I think its gonna get messy.
    The reality check is we have the best economic outlook of the entire EU community, even when people like yourself negatively pray for failure it looks like we will thrive.

its basic misunderstanding of economic rules of micro/macro/global economic complexities that actually generate wealth.

I confidently predict that that this year will see growth above all EU countries, plus our standard of living will significantly increase, we will also be in the top two of 8 out of the 12 top economic indicators...even if im right people like pup and John2 (who is in hiding after the election) will still continue to be negative about the UK

Starmer was running the CPS when they were turning a blind eye to grooming gangs, he's tainted and not as moderate as the press makes out either.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Starmer was running the CPS when they were turning a blind eye to grooming gangs, he's tainted and not as moderate as the press makes out either.
    ... and you are "moderate" ?!?!?

Name:  A6D834A4-4E15-4253-8F4E-97233A1FA029.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  19.0 KB

You give Poll on Andrew Neil show shows RLB the least popular with the public my god unions are backing her too

Nandy top People’s favourite with Keir a close second

Btw iv no idea why photos flipped

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The reality check is we have the best economic outlook of the entire EU community, even when people like yourself negatively pray for failure it looks like we will thrive.

its basic misunderstanding of economic rules of micro/macro/global economic complexities that actually generate wealth.

I confidently predict that that this year will see growth above all EU countries, plus our standard of living will significantly increase, we will also be in the top two of 8 out of the 12 top economic indicators...even if im right people like pup and John2 (who is in hiding after the election) will still continue to be negative about the UK
    As I said earlier gm, I really, and truly hope that brexit is a success, especially for the heartlands towns like the one I grew up in and that we are collectively happier with ourselves and each other. The last 4 years have been awful. But I think there are huge problems ahead that you are tending to not really acknowledge, with either huge compromises or big economic hits and jobs lost. I'm just saying that Labour would be foolish to appoint a brexit champion at the moment, and need to concentrate instead on pressing the government to deliver what it said to the people who voted them in. Likewise, they don't need a fervent remainer, so I think I'm with Silly's analysis. If they deliver, and especially if they make the investments they promised on Northern infrastructure and public services, I'd even consider voting for them myself. And I mean it.

Problem is pup in labour areas who have labour council and labour mp even if Tory’s wanted to splash the cash on places like Rotherham they have no way to do it. But il be very interested on how don valley and Roth valley do under Tory’s.

I suppose in a way they are guinea pigs

Problem is pup in labour areas who have labour council and labour mp even if Tory’s wanted to splash the cash on places like Rotherham they have no way to do it. But il be very interested on how don valley and Roth valley do under Tory’s.

I suppose in a way they are guinea pigs
    True but they have it in their powers to make more money available for local councils, come good on their promises on NHS spending and improve transport infrastructure between Northern regions. That would be a huge step forward, and all completely what they promised

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    True but they have it in their powers to make more money available for local councils, come good on their promises on NHS spending and improve transport infrastructure between Northern regions. That would be a huge step forward, and all completely what they promised
    They can give more to councils but how do we know council is spending it on the town and not embezzling it and saying oh Tory’s have been cutting money.

Look at Tory’s for Example they have been going on under camoron saying we have no money but a year after referendum oh we have just enough money to pay the EU off.. WTF

Lying about money is not a Tory thing it’s a politician thing

They can give more to councils but how do we know council is spending it on the town and not embezzling it and saying oh Tory’s have been cutting money.

Look at Tory’s for Example they have been going on under camoron saying we have no money but a year after referendum oh we have just enough money to pay the EU off.. WTF

Lying about money is not a Tory thing it’s a politician thing
    We can look at the detailed spending accounts that all councils have to publish each year?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast