+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Second referendum

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Rearrange this well known saying--- at straws clutching
    Why? Have a read of this - it's not propaganda, it's what's actually happened to the NHS after a decade of Tory rule:

Every major A&E unit in England has failed to hit its four-hour waiting time target for the first time, NHS figures show.

All 118 units fell below the 95% threshold in November as the NHS posted its worst performance since targets were introduced more than a decade ago.

Alongside the growing waits in A&E, the data showed there were record delays finding beds for the sickest patients.

The numbers on waiting lists for routine care also hit an all-time high.

Even though the bar is now set at a disgracefully low level, do you really trust Boris Johnson to make the big improvements he's promised?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Why? Have a read of this - it's not propaganda, it's what's actually happened to the NHS after a decade of Tory rule:

Every major A&E unit in England has failed to hit its four-hour waiting time target for the first time, NHS figures show.

All 118 units fell below the 95% threshold in November as the NHS posted its worst performance since targets were introduced more than a decade ago.

Alongside the growing waits in A&E, the data showed there were record delays finding beds for the sickest patients.

Even though the bar is now set at a disgracefully low level, do you really trust Boris Johnson to make the big improvements he's promised?
    FIrstly what choice have you got? Votes have been cast and counted. Secondly let's see. He's now got a mandate that means he can get on with things instead of having to spend ages persuading his side to the government's agenda. I shouldn't think there's a person on here of any persuasion who doesn't want to see improvements throughout the NHS.

He's not been in charge very long you know and has somewhat had his hands full by those who want to thwart him. But I do hope he's genuine at recognising that he has a responsibility and of all the leaders on offer he was the only one likely to be able to delivery on a number of issues as well as Brexit.

He has now to earn some credibility and now's his chance to become the statesman he aspires to be.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Me also ...And if the Scots want Independence, let them have it and then take away the NHS and other freebies that they currently enjoy.. Mrs Krankie will then not be so popular..
    Aren't they gone already? In recent years I've come to hate the Scots almost as much as they hate us.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    And me. I voted to leave the EU but only after Cammy came back from Sprouts with..........well nothing, I would much to have preferred to stay in but not without change. Watching the news today and seeing ex-mining areas turn blue......unbelieveable.
    With all the wrangling of the past few years even I'd lost sight of the core problems. Cameron and Clegg didn't want Europe to dictate their coalition and even Thatcher had constant battles. We were never comfortable partners once the Common Market changed to the EUSSR. It's just not in our DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

My wife as been asked to work overtime recently, not something she likes doing but she would never say no when needs must. They have 4 nurses of sick on her ward, none of them are from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    FIrstly what choice have you got? Votes have been cast and counted. Secondly let's see. He's now got a mandate that means he can get on with things instead of having to spend ages persuading his side to the government's agenda. I shouldn't think there's a person on here of any persuasion who doesn't want to see improvements throughout the NHS.

He's not been in charge very long you know and has somewhat had his hands full by those who want to thwart him. But I do hope he's genuine at recognising that he has a responsibility and of all the leaders on offer he was the only one likely to be able to delivery on a number of issues as well as Brexit.

He has now to earn some credibility and now's his chance to become the statesman he aspires to be.
    Yeah all those MPs wanting less investment in the NHS have been a right pain in the arse these last 9 years.

Really glad they’re gone.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    My wife as been asked to work overtime recently, not something she likes doing but she would never say no when needs must. They have 4 nurses of sick on her ward, none of them are from the UK.
    “Sinbad, Sinbad, you know those forrin nurses at work, they’re only off bleddy sick again”. “Norrall bad though, got some overtime, keep you in that bleddy Captain Morgan you keep drinking”.

“I’m not telllin you again though, keep off that flamin internet when you’ve had that”. “Don’t want the police comin round again”.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    “Sinbad, Sinbad, you know those forrin nurses at work, they’re only off bleddy sick again”. “Norrall bad though, got some overtime, keep you in that bleddy Captain Morgan you keep drinking”.

“I’m not telllin you again though, keep off that flamin internet when you’ve had that”. “Don’t want the police comin round again”.
    Fatty me ode. I much prefer "pugwash" . You planning to get 'nawty' tomoz?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Aren't they gone already? In recent years I've come to hate the Scots almost as much as they hate us.
    I would love to know how much financially the Scots rely on the rest of the UK.

If the Scots think they will be welcomed by the EU as a sovereign country I think they might get a shock. The recent admissions to "Europe" had something needed by the richer countries; cheap labour with dodgy worker's rights for a start, little manufacturing output meaning export opportunities for Germany and France, bent and bribeable government officials.

What has Scotland got to offer? Whisky? I imagine most of Scotland's business is controlled from London and there'll be no sympathy from the Bank of ENGLAND when industry is moved south into Boris's Tory heartland. How can a country start it's own health service from scratch? The NHS own the hospitals, employ the surgeons, doctors, nurses, ancillary staff, etc. Education, transport, defence, all may be controlled by Edinburgh but who pays now? Who will pay in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I would love to know how much financially the Scots rely on the rest of the UK.

If the Scots think they will be welcomed by the EU as a sovereign country I think they might get a shock. The recent admissions to "Europe" had something needed by the richer countries; cheap labour with dodgy worker's rights for a start, little manufacturing output meaning export opportunities for Germany and France, bent and bribeable government officials.

What has Scotland got to offer? Whisky? I imagine most of Scotland's business is controlled from London and there'll be no sympathy from the Bank of ENGLAND when industry is moved south into Boris's Tory heartland. How can a country start it's own health service from scratch? The NHS own the hospitals, employ the surgeons, doctors, nurses, ancillary staff, etc. Education, transport, defence, all may be controlled by Edinburgh but who pays now? Who will pay in the future?
    "Since plunging in 2014, oil prices have rebounded to trade at a level that industry experts would call, a fair price. However, despite the continued growth in global demand for liquid fuels, the long-term future continues to look bleak with prices expected to fall further. Even the depletion of oil reserves across the globe won’t be able to boost oil prices in the long-term because as highly expected, renewable energy sources will have taken over " Looks like Whisky then, Oh dear !

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast