+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Second referendum

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Was that aimed at me? I asked for your comments on the state of the NHS after a decade of Tory rule. You completely avoided an answer.

Of course you don't have to give one, but you'll look a coward if you don't.
    Of course I will, if you say so. You know best.

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Of course I will, if you say so. You know best.

Classic.
    So what's your opinion on those NHS figures then?

I see good old Pies4U’s back on spouting on about politics.

Another gob who would have been hiding if his side had lost on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What you have to remember, Oldie, is that 50% of the nation has below average intelligence.
    And because I am not a politician seeking office, I am quite at liberty to say that leaving the EU was a mistake and electing Johnson is a catastrophe. I don't seek to change either of those things though. People must bear the consequences of their own decisions and I will just have to bide my time.
    This is what will be annoying I can guarantee it. If we all end up worse off or there is a noticeable difference to the negative after Brexit, will those who voted Brexit admit they made a mistake? No of course they won't. I admit I am quite open to the future even under Brexit, I believe that we are innovative and hard working when we want to be and will pull through eventually. I don't believe the level we'll end up at economically will be at the same level we would have been remaining in the EU, that's the problem. I will admit that but will you find a Brexiteer admitting things might be worse off? You won't find one that doesn't add a caveat to that sentence of for a few years. Could be forever but they'll never admit.

Let's be honest though Brexit won the vote (we won't go into how again( and Tories won the election. Time to get on with it and do our best as we always do. Also time to sort out Labour so this complete farce which has been the last 3 years in British politics doesn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So what's your opinion on those NHS figures then?
    This is like I replied to Sids post, anything that the right can't explain they ignore as they'll never admit liability for anything. Austerity was terrible for so many services and then to call a Brexit vote in the middle of it when people are pissed off at the government was idiotic and complacent.

Really though they're all as bad as each other, I get sick of the Tory slagging off the Labour and visa versa then Jo Swinson just came on slagging everyone off.

I'd love to see a politician say they were sick of all the squabbling, that both main parties and the lib dems have done things that in hindsight were mistakes and let's not waste time and he said she said, let's get on with the proper business of enhancing the whole country. Why does it have to be a choice between business and social care, why can't a progressive country have a strong economy and a caring attitude. I'd vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    As always, the media will lead the triumphalism and make no mention of the most important facts.

Pfeffel has absolute power based on 29% support of the electorate.

Lab/Lib dem 43.7 % popular vote, tories 43.6.
    Overall, opposition parties have a majority over Brexit+tories but will be out of power because they're divided.
    Our disproportional electoral system has given us a tory govt on a minority result yet again.
    The electoral system isn't fit for purpose, just like over the ocean Trump lost by a million votes but still won absolute power. Funny that, don't you think?

In less than a year, they'll be one of the most hated govts of all time. All this one nation talk you hear today is hogwash, they've already been bought (not that they need any persuading) and will only rule for the rich and powerful, just like they always have.

The Anticlough - So the Tories only got 29% of support of the electorate. I'm assuming you've included the "did not vote" to manipulate the figure, but without mentioning the Labour figure using the same basis.
    You then revert back to just the percentage of voters basis to make your next point, and add the votes of two completely separate parties with different policies together!
    If you are advocating PR, on the 2019 vote share, a Labour and LD alliance would have just won enough seats to shut out the largest party, hardly democratic.
    Rather than try to perform statistical gymnastics with the results, you could just admit the public were right and they didn't want Jeremy Corbyn and his crackpot economics.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Rather than try to perform statistical gymnastics with the results, you could just admit the public were right and they didn't want Jeremy Corbyn and his crackpot economics.
    The public will only be right if Boris Johnson keeps his promises.

Let's just say his record on that score doesn't exactly inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I see good old Pies4U’s back on spouting on about politics.

Another gob who would have been hiding if his side had lost on Thursday.
    .... and yet another "dignified" response. Charming! Why would I need to hide from you BFP?

Where's Magpie Mania when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Why would I need to hide from you BFP?
    Why would you need to hide from a simple question about the NHS?

I'll stick with the 'coward' theory unless you can tell us otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This is what will be annoying I can guarantee it. If we all end up worse off or there is a noticeable difference to the negative after Brexit, will those who voted Brexit admit they made a mistake? No of course they won't. I admit I am quite open to the future even under Brexit, I believe that we are innovative and hard working when we want to be and will pull through eventually. I don't believe the level we'll end up at economically will be at the same level we would have been remaining in the EU, that's the problem. I will admit that but will you find a Brexiteer admitting things might be worse off? You won't find one that doesn't add a caveat to that sentence of for a few years. Could be forever but they'll never admit.

Let's be honest though Brexit won the vote (we won't go into how again( and Tories won the election. Time to get on with it and do our best as we always do. Also time to sort out Labour so this complete farce which has been the last 3 years in British politics doesn't happen again.
    The thing is, how will we know if we are worse of better off after Brexit if we can’t agree on any of the predictive figures now? So neither side can be proved right, it will just be yet another opinion.

You cannot “prove” what something would have been like if it never happens.

Whether we remained, left or had another x number of years of pissing around trying to agree, the economy might have been worse, better or the same as predicted under any of the options.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast