+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne - I need a new attacker and winger in January

Warne - I need a new attacker and winger in January

In Tizer today - Warne says he wants a new forward and winger and players can go in order to bring someone in.

So was I right about Hastie been sent back in Jan? It's certainly looking that way. We've got Ogbene, Clarke, Lamy and I can't see any of those been released. It has to be Hastie.

As for the Forward situation, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Vassell go and Morris returning back to Norwich. He'll keep Smith for the aerial power and long signing Ladapo.

Going back to the left wing situation, would a recall on Yates be out of the window seeing how he's banging all the goals in from the left wing?

Warne doesn't want young blood in this time, he says, 'I need players to come in and play straightaway as we will only have 20 odd games left to get to where we want to be in May'

Is he finally seeing the light?.....well I never..

...and yet most of our defenders are knacked...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...and yet most of our defenders are knacked...
    Covering that he said, 'Obviously at the moment I've got severe concerns with injuries at the back but potentially, in three to four weeks when the window is open I could have Richard Wood and Billy Jones back and then wouldn't have an issue'.

He's stuck all ends up with that situation so he's got to wait 3-4 weeks either way.

I wouldn’t hold your breath if I was you Brin, we know Warney works in mysterious ways and I wouldn’t be at all shocked if a player who we wouldn’t dream he’d get rid goes tbh, if Hastie goes then I’d be wondering who’s idea that was, maybe his own club.

Obviously I can only go on what I hear/see and don’t know what goes on being closed doors but I’d be looking at defenders to fetch in, jones and Wood might be good for now (well in a few weeks or so) but another knock could see them out again and again and again

Well, he's the boss and has his own views.

Let's see what the supporters opinion is at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well, he's the boss and has his own views.

Let's see what the supporters opinion is at the end of the season.
    Lol, it’ll be more or less the same like any other season depending where we end up

Mine will be irate if we don’t go up because we can/should/is good enough imo

It’ll be good if fans got behind the team on match days though instead of sitting in the library
    Last edited by millertop; 13-12-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Screaming out for a midfield gaffer.

Was it S/E that used to say I don't want any body looking for one last pay day.I would take a midfielder with a bit of class one that can run a game play the ref tell the team when to drop deep & when not to.One that can pick the team up on the pitch & not from the sideline.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 13-12-2019 at 04:49 PM.

If we do go for a new attacker I would love it to be a Rodney Fern type player not an out & out striker I think Smith & Ladapo would do well with a player like that at side of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Was it S/E that used to say I don't want any body looking for one last pay day.I would take a midfielder with a bit of class one that can run a game play the ref tell the team when to drop deep & when not to.One that can pick the team up on the pitch & not from the sideline.
    Sounds ideal to me Lol, that's just what we need. I would have thought that before any more wingers or forwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast