+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Fishal Roll Call Hamilton Academical 14/12 and whatever else anyone wants to post

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Thats a false average though becaise we are fudging the numbers
    We probably were two years ago as well but your point is still good as there is no doubt that there are more season ticket holders not going to every match this season compared with two years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Our average crowds were 15,800 two seasons ago, this year so far they are 13,800 (and that average will likely fall). Why do you think that is?
    I would be very surprised if our average crowd was nearly 16000 a few seasons ago,that sounds made up by the club.

Our average attendance has always been between 10000-14000,even back in the 80s.Alex Ferguson complained about that in one of his books.

It’s been mentioned on here before many times but we could be top of the league and playing the best football anyone has ever seen and we still wouldn’t sell our Pittodrie.

A lot of people just don’t have any interest in watching Aberdeen play the likes of Hamilton or St Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We should never be unhappy with any sort of victory BUT Bogbrush does have a point.

Whether we like it or not, being successful in football nowadays is clearly linked to how much money you have to spend (you can have blips here and there but there is a clear correlation between the two). Our season ticket sales are down 1,000 on last season as well as DNA renewals being down also by about 1,000. That is a collective £400,000 or £8,000 a week in wages less that we have to spend. Whilst there will be different reasons for people not renewing, the quality of football on display will be the number one reason.

It's not just that we only won 1-0, it's that we barely had a shot at goal in the 40 minutes after we scored - at home to a sh1tey Hamilton team. We take off an attacking player and put on a defensive midfielder with a full 20 minutes to go - at home to a sh1tey Hamilton team.

I sit in the RDS and almost without exception when we win people hang about to clap the players as they go down the tunnel at the end of a game. On Saturday pretty much everybody just cleared off without waiting to applaud - just complete apathy.

That's the big picture. Yes we won, and I am pleased about that, but what did it do to encourage the missing thousand to come back? What did it do to the 10,000 or so that were there (and yes I know that we reported a crowd of 12,000) to encourage them to renew their season tickets next season?

That missing £8,000 a week revenue is two decent signings by SPFL standard that we now can't make (assuming McInnes was able to make those decent signings of course).

We are at the start of a downward spiral that won't be halted by performances like we saw on Saturday, and that's me just trying to keep it real, I don't have an agenda.
    Agreed with all of that until the final sentence. I don't think we're at the START of a downward spiral - I think it started at the beginning of last season, or the end of the one before.

There's not a single player in our squad that particularly excites me. Nobody who has you on the edge of your seat when they get the ball. Nobody you expect a bit of magic from (although the likes of McGinn, Wilson, Hedges, Ferguson are capable of it - but you just don't expect it anymore). We're in a rut. I think we need to bring in an exciting, skilful, creative player, and actually play him in his correct position - tell him to forget about defending (we've got 2 sitting midfielders so we don't need any more) and concentrate on getting bums on seat and then off seats! Entertainment's what we're needing. Someone should send McInnes a dictionary for Christmas so he can look up what that word means.

It’s an Ally McLeod we’re wanting

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

I though Wilson was best of a bad lot. Had some lovely runs & touches. He has great quick feet to fashion an opening & did it a few times. The boy needs to get his fitness up though. He was blowing out his @rse again like the Sevco game second half. I was amazed Hedges went off as the third sub as Wilson looked done. Sort it oot min as fitness is an absolute basic.
    I agree with everything you said - just wanted to pick up on this bit though. I know a lot of folk don't rate Wilson but when you look at his touch and control you can see there's a player in there that's better than any of our other attackers. Like you said, we lined up with what looked like a good attacking team with plenty width, but it ended up there was very little width. I can't fathom why he played Hedges in the centre and Wilson out wide. It's maybe just a thing he has where he feels he always, always, always needs to play at least one player inexplicably out of position. I think you're right about Wilson's fitness though - but that's another reason i'd play him in the centre. I just don't think he's cut out for the wide role chasing back and helping Logan for the whole game and then also getting forward in attack. Put him in behind, or alongside Cosgrove and allow him to roam around a little without the requirement of running back all the time and I think we'd get a lot more out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I though Wilson was best of a bad lot. Had some lovely runs & touches. He has great quick feet to fashion an opening & did it a few times.
    His shot that he ballooned over the bar from the edge of the box was amazing.

If he keeps managing to get into those positions he might actually hit the target one day.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678