+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams vs Millwall

[QUOTE=StensonRam;39384763]It looks like we MAY have a bit of investment in January but to be honest I don't trust Cocu with the money, he'll spunk it all on promising youngsters who then get homesick or don't like the cold and then we struggle ot shift them, never mind being sacked himself in a month or 2[/QUOTE
    ]

Why don't you trust him ,we don't know because he hasn't signed anybody permanent yet . But if we don't sign three or four there's only one place we are going Rooney can't do it in his own

[QUOTE=mistaram;39384767][QUOTE=StensonRam;39384763]It looks like we MAY have a bit of investment in January but to be honest I don't trust Cocu with the money, he'll spunk it all on promising youngsters who then get homesick or don't like the cold and then we struggle ot shift them, never mind being sacked himself in a month or 2[/QUOTE
    ]

Why don't you trust him ,we don't know because he hasn't signed anybody permanent yet . But if we don't sign three or four there's only one place we are going Rooney can't do it in his own[/QUO

This was on the cards from the start of the season
    You can't lose three top quality players like the Loans and not replace them with top quality , even last season we only scapped in the play offs
    The squad is paper thin with quality, if nothing changes in early Jan I can see a slip into a relegation fright
    Where was the advise given at the start of the season or was it ignored. I know it sounds like bull, but I was genuinely worried at the signings made or not made

[QUOTE=eddy779h34;39384777][QUOTE=mistaram;39384767]
    Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    It looks like we MAY have a bit of investment in January but to be honest I don't trust Cocu with the money, he'll spunk it all on promising youngsters who then get homesick or don't like the cold and then we struggle ot shift them, never mind being sacked himself in a month o

Why don't you trust him ,we don't know because he hasn't signed anybody permanent yet . But if we don't sign three or four there's only one place we are going Rooney can't do it in his own[/QUO

This was on the cards from the start of the season
    You can't lose three top quality players like the Loans and not replace them with top quality , even last season we only scapped in the play offs
    The squad is paper thin with quality, if nothing changes in early Jan I can see a slip into a relegation fright
    Where was the advise given at the start of the season or was it ignored. I know it sounds like bull, but I was genuinely worried at the signings made or not made
    Think the only permanent signing Cocu has made is Bielik and he looks at least half decent.

Given all he’s had to deal with...injuries, whatever is going on with Marriott and ‘Keogh-gate’...I don’t honestly see how Cocu can be blamed.
    I think he tinkers too much with both formation and personnel but at the end of the day he’s played for Holland and Barcelona and the biggest club I ever played against was Shepshed so guess who knows more.
    Got to give the guy a break imo...feels worse because it was against Rowett’s horrible Millwall, but the result and the stats are almost exactly the same as last season when everyone had given up on ’Goldenballs’’ XI too.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-12-2019 at 07:40 PM.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39384800][QUOTE=eddy779h34;39384777]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Think the only permanent signing Cocu has made is Bielik and he looks at least half decent.

Given all he’s had to deal with...injuries, whatever is going on with Marriott and ‘Keogh-gate’...I don’t honestly see how Cocu can be blamed.
    I think he tinkers too much with both formation and personnel but at the end of the day he’s played for Holland and Barcelona and the biggest club I ever played against was Shepshed so guess who knows more.
    Got to give the guy a break imo...feels worse because it was against Rowett’s horrible Millwall, but the result and the stats are almost exactly the same as last season when everyone had given up on ’Goldenballs’’ XI too.
    RA Not sure he had any input on Bielic even I think that was probably sorted before he came . No I don't lay the blame at Cocus door he's been in no win situation since he walked through the door.Whatever could go wrong has done ,seems like a fresh injury every week Marriott I think the fans deserve to know what's going on ,He's finished the match on Wednesday night day off Thursday not available Saturday Today didn't surprise me one bit I actually said we would get nothing of Milwall or Wednesday. Still can't do anything about it till Jan won't be far of bottom three by then

It was interesting hearing Curtis Davis after the game, sounded very critical of his colleagues. Annoyingly, I keep hearing Derby players saying "listen" at the start of every sentence, Keogh has at least left some legacy!

The last 2 games have not been good. However, Mr Glass Half Full doesn't think it's quite as bad as others have written.

That first half against Millwall, what was wrong? We were actually much better than in the first half against Wednesday when they had the ball. I was quite pleased with much of the work/play when we didn't have the ball. The trouble started when we got the ball. Totally bereft of ideas which was worsened by extremely low tempo ball circulation which even I, at 65, could keep up with all day long. No urgency. Little movement off the ball. It started with Hamer who seemed to take an age to pass, throw, kick the ball when in possession. Bogle less effective than he has been. Davies is too slow and is not the ball playing CH Cocu wants him to be. Fozzy was not at his best and he also took an age most of the time in possession. Lowe had a decent game at both ends of the park. Evans was busy but ineffective. Holmes idem ditto. Knight had a good game. Lawrence, how did he escape a booking? How often have I writen that he simply doesn't know how to tackle? He still doesn't. He is a foul looking for somewhere to happen. He is also a mardarse who throws a tantrum or a hissy fit and gets himsellf into trouble. Early doors 3 fould inside 2 minutes of each other. Any other ref would have carded him. Why the ref didn't book him and their defender late on for their handbags kerfuffle is also a mystery. That would have been his 2nd...... and off he would have gone. He didn't get booked for constant fouling and got away with his hissy fit too. He needs taking in hand and getting sorted out as I see him as a liability. Wouldn't be too bad if he did it all in and around their box but he gives them away around our box. Of late Waggy has been showing the delicate first touch of a rapist, poor control. Felt sorry for Martin who got little support from his teammates and no protection from the ref who most certainly can't be accused of being a homer. Why do we always seem to get the dross of the whistling brigade?

2nd half, like on Wednesday was better and that wasn't difficult to achieve. Waggy missed 2 good chances because they feel to his right foot not his left. Dowell should have at elast hit the target with his high, wide and not very mighty effort.

Yet again we lost the ball way too easily and totally unnecessarily and 2 passes later they put away a very good goal. We are creating way too few chances. I think adding Sibley into the melting pot would give the midfield a bit of bite it is missing now Shinnie is out injured.

One shot on target all match tells its own sad story and that was only on target because it was deflected..............

With my teacher's hat on, just one game short of the middle of that season, my mid-term report is the good old "Must do better".

'must do better', can't do any worse surely.................. or can they??

One shot on target is more than both sides combined managed in Stoke vs Reading yesterday. First time in many years I believe

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The last 2 games have not been good. However, Mr Glass Half Full doesn't think it's quite as bad as others have written.

That first half against Millwall, what was wrong? We were actually much better than in the first half against Wednesday when they had the ball. I was quite pleased with much of the work/play when we didn't have the ball. The trouble started when we got the ball. Totally bereft of ideas which was worsened by extremely low tempo ball circulation which even I, at 65, could keep up with all day long. No urgency. Little movement off the ball. It started with Hamer who seemed to take an age to pass, throw, kick the ball when in possession. Bogle less effective than he has been. Davies is too slow and is not the ball playing CH Cocu wants him to be. Fozzy was not at his best and he also took an age most of the time in possession. Lowe had a decent game at both ends of the park. Evans was busy but ineffective. Holmes idem ditto. Knight had a good game. Lawrence, how did he escape a booking? How often have I writen that he simply doesn't know how to tackle? He still doesn't. He is a foul looking for somewhere to happen. He is also a mardarse who throws a tantrum or a hissy fit and gets himsellf into trouble. Early doors 3 fould inside 2 minutes of each other. Any other ref would have carded him. Why the ref didn't book him and their defender late on for their handbags kerfuffle is also a mystery. That would have been his 2nd...... and off he would have gone. He didn't get booked for constant fouling and got away with his hissy fit too. He needs taking in hand and getting sorted out as I see him as a liability. Wouldn't be too bad if he did it all in and around their box but he gives them away around our box. Of late Waggy has been showing the delicate first touch of a rapist, poor control. Felt sorry for Martin who got little support from his teammates and no protection from the ref who most certainly can't be accused of being a homer. Why do we always seem to get the dross of the whistling brigade?

2nd half, like on Wednesday was better and that wasn't difficult to achieve. Waggy missed 2 good chances because they feel to his right foot not his left. Dowell should have at elast hit the target with his high, wide and not very mighty effort.

Yet again we lost the ball way too easily and totally unnecessarily and 2 passes later they put away a very good goal. We are creating way too few chances. I think adding Sibley into the melting pot would give the midfield a bit of bite it is missing now Shinnie is out injured.

One shot on target all match tells its own sad story and that was only on target because it was deflected..............

With my teacher's hat on, just one game short of the middle of that season, my mid-term report is the good old "Must do better".
    Good job they let Martin take that penalty or it would have been 460 minutes from him without a shot Thank God he's gone in June wish he would take Lawrence with him ,can't believe we've got him for another 18mths
    Last edited by mistaram; 15-12-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Good job they let Martin take that penalty or it would have been 460 minutes from him without a shot Thank God he's gone in June wish he would take Lawrence with him ,can't believe we've got him for another 18mths
    I might be wrong but I think Lawro will not be with us come the 1st of February 2019.......... Joinergate fallout. I also think Bennett would have been gone too but for the injury and subsequent operation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)