+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: v Sheffield United

v Sheffield United

Mings out with a hamstring injury Hause in.

Lineup:-

1Heaton
    24Guilbert
    22Engels
    30Hause
    18Targett
    7McGinn
    11Nakamba
    8Lansbury
    21El Ghazi
    9Wesley
    10Grealish

Substitutes
    3Taylor
    6Douglas Luiz
    15Konsa
    17Trézéguet
    25Nyland
    26Kodjia
    27El Mohamady

Shocking first half, McGinn has been dreadful n can’t even make a pass.. what’s gone wrong with him ? Most of them been awful tbh apart from cbs, if we don’t improve we’ve lost this

Knew when I watched the training you tube that Grealish would be struggling, must be carrying an injury. he wasnt training. Not sure what the hell the formation and team was supposed to be doing. Hourihane has to play, he gives Jack the second option wide left, Lansbury gives nothing. Off the pace. Sad to think this team is going to struggle, but its looking that way now.

Grealish looked ok playing but was pretty poor overall imo.. not gonna get stupid n get all knee jerk but smith messed up today with tactics n formation..

Wesley played well again but yet again got no service, rather than take him off why not try kodja up there with him, ffs we was losing anyway so no gamble imo.

Today was the angriest I’ve been in ages watching us.

Gonna be a long season at this rate

Still 20 pts by E.O.Y the target and 2 home games coming up v Norwich & Southampton must be a min 4 pts. Im not panicking yet, wasnt expecting anything from the game but when we got the pen by VAR i thought, hang on here but then I hear Grealish is taking it even when we had Koj on the pitch. He will miss this i thought.......oh well

Sorry lads and lasses but Villa were awful today. I said to my mates at half time you were the worst team to come to come to the Lane all season. No quality in the team whatsoever and grealish looks good because he is playing with a load of dross.

You were so bad it was shocking. God knows what Smith spent all that money on. You were overhyped by the media and your own fans.

It stands out at the back because there is no quality or composure at all. This presumably has to go down to Smith and Terry

Yep we were awful, no cohesion or fluidity in our play and pass completion of 66% puts our back 4 under too much pressure. We have played some great football this season but the honeymoon is over and confidence has evaporated. I fear for us - the next two games are massive.

Was Hourihane suspended or injured?

Look, I know we were sh1te today

Credit to Sheffield United who were resolute

In all honesty they weren't much better than today's dysfunctional Villa we were devoid of spirit that's the depressing thing

As a spectacle it was a dire watch between 2 ho-hum teams

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Look, I know we were sh1te today

Credit to Sheffield United who were resolute

In all honesty they weren't much better than today's dysfunctional Villa we were devoid of spirit that's the depressing thing

As a spectacle it was a dire watch between 2 ho-hum teams

Well one of those "ho-hum" teams is 5th in the table, has only been beaten by more than one goal since August 10th 2018, and that was 0-2, and lost only one away game this year ( January).

Lets leave the bragging to the end of the marathon eh Wardy. Weve come through a tough set of fixtures and we look shot. We know that but 1 game does not meam were a bad team. As long as there are 3 worst teams this season i will be happy!
    Over to the league cup v Liverpool, who you lot got?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)