+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January 2020

January 2020

Another window about to open with potential for movement both out and in. Maybe not as crucial as some other years but perhaps depends upon what happens through the exit door.

Out.
    Will we see Ferguson go if he still doesn’t sign a new contract?
    Will Diangana be recalled by West Ham

In
    What positions need strengthening in this window.

The key is I suppose what is the Chairman prepared to finance even given our strong position at the moment? Mid season windows notorious for not being great value and will he spend prior to knowing for sure that we are in the PL next season?

I would like to see us get a new left back as a priority. Gibbs still prone to injuries and no great cover imo. If Ferguson goes I think we need another right back as well with Furlong remaining as cover. Rumours we could be after as many as 3 new players this window but will be surprised myself unless we do see both Ferguson and Diangana go.

What are others expecting?

Townsend needs replacing. Burke should just be given away take the loss just to take any association with us away, the guys only worth £12 not 12 million. I would definitely give us another PROVEN striker to get us over the line. If we lose ferguson we will really feel it because he's worth his weight in gold, he's got everything so I don't expect us to buy anyone as good. As to anything else It will be interesting to see if anyone on here has any particular persons in mind.

My top targets,

Bowen but we won’t pay £20m

Assombalonga

Gayle.

Dack.

As for defenders,I’d look at a loan for a Premier centre back and left back on loan if we’re allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My top targets,

Bowen but we won’t pay £20m

Assombalonga

Gayle.

Dack.

As for defenders,I’d look at a loan for a Premier centre back and left back on loan if we’re allowed.
    Even if they were good enough we wouldn't pay for those if were in the silly league mick .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)