+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Absolutely brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    That's a big call, Champs. I hope you're right, because it might give us a chance.
    We'd probably have to be promoted first, though, because I suspect he'll be looking for PL football.
    Better players than him haven't made it at City who they paid £50m for. And City rarley promote their own youth, I'm not even sure this Foden kid is going to make it in the big time, and he really is highly thought of.
    City will need to spend quite a few bob in Jan and summer to strengthen, as they are clearly falling behind Liverpool and with FFP they do need to be careful, they may want to raise a few quid here and there. I'm pretty sure if we offered about £13m we'd get him. Offer them first refusal on a buy back option, and we'd be selling this kid back to them for treble what they paid in a few seasons time. He is a class above anything at this level. And we would be able to survive for years off this investment now. While every signing is a gamble, I think this one carries less potential risk than the vast majority. And he is still so young. The centre half pairing now, is the best we have had since Nelsen played with Samba in the Prem days. You get promotion with a centre half pairing like this.
    People said Villa went up last season, once they got Mings on loan as he was better than the rest of the league. And he improved them ten fold. This kid is a far better player, much younger and will command a higher fee.
    Lets pray nobody else in football have been watching his form this season. As it's Rovers, that's highly likely he wont be appearing on any radar's, like Travis.

Good post, Champs.
    Surely Foden will make it, though. I've only seen him a few times, but he looks to have an excellent all-round game.
    Do you think Tosin himself would agree to a Championship transfer?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)