+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely brilliant

Absolutely brilliant

Well I am amazed by that result but we are looking directly at the play offs.
    Are we good enough to be there?the jury is still out but with the changes today,we looked head and shoulders better than Bristol city.
    A nice rest,then on to wigan at home
    Do we dare to dream?

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well I am amazed by that result but we are looking directly at the play offs.
    Are we good enough to be there?the jury is still out but with the changes today,we looked head and shoulders better than Bristol city.
    A nice rest,then on to wigan at home
    Do we dare to dream?
    That was a premier League away performance robin. Keep up that standard and we'll be in the mix I'm sure.

Just home from a very long lunch, seen the score but nothing else.
    What a fantastic win!!

I agree with Sax. That was a Prem style away win that today vrs a rival.
    I thought we got everything right today. Mowbray made 6 changes and it was the right thing to do after a few tough games. The older players like Downing & Graham can't play every week. He did the right thing not changing the side over the past 5 games. Today he did the right thing making 6 changes. He did it at the right time.
    The change in system, and plsyers really threw them aswell. Big time. 1st half they didnt know what yo do with our front 2. And changing to 4-4-2 suited the players brought in. And we didn't miss Dack which is the best thing of all. Mainly down to the change in system.
    Johnson was superb. As was Bell. Bennette Tosin is just a class act and didn't break sweat. Gallagher lead the line very well. Brereton looked a little rusty, which is fair enough and expected. Give him games and he will start to flourish like SG. The manager got it spot in
    We really are in the mix now boys and girls.
    We set to strengthen in Jan and I feel we need to go all out for Tosin. Even if it's £15m plus. We need to go get him and make him ours.

Totally agree on most of what you said champs but 15 million?if we spent that and failed to go up we would end up getting a points deduction and ultimately facing trouble.
    We have great relations with city so maybe 5 million plus a bolt load of add ons might be the answer.
    Let's celebrate a great win
    We are bang in the hunt and look to a group of very winnable fixtures but without getting too ahead of ourselves we are not the best over the festive period.

Not sure we'd get him for a low as £5m. Hope we do. £15m is in our budget.

Is it champs?
    39 million over 3 seasons
    We have spent around 7 million on 2 players and that's before including wages on them and the freebies.
    I think 15 million would be a huge risk.
    **** or bust if you like.
    I really really like tosin but is it worth risking 15 million on.

Definitely bragging-rights for me over my cousin. To be fair, he has emailed (much shorter than usual!) to say we deserved the win.
    Johnson was back to his best here. I'm never sure what makes players drift in and out of form.
    Not to mention teams! What a difference three weeks can make. I just looked at some of the other results and shook my head, but I shouldn't really be surprised.
    The only shock would be a weekend with no shocks!

A very good win indeed.. Play of position soon..

So much cr@p written over on brfcs but this quote from Arbitro hits the nail on the head for me......

"The run we have been on but the last week in particular is what we are all about as a club. Working hard, tackling, doing it for the club, great team ethic and many other things for which we are renowned. Significantly for me Mowbray seems to have ditched his new world passing game and gone back to the values we love. In the early part of the season I saw confusion from the players as to what way they should be playing. Of course we can pass it when it's on but we now seem to be seeing a mix of styles which is proving effective.

My message to Mowbray would be don't over complicate things and play to our strengths with the players we have."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)