+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Paul as in Warne?
    Lol. No, some 'fan'.

Exactly two years ago, we lost at lowly Bristol Rovers. Great out cry against PW. That Christmas proved a big turning point. The rest is history. Let's have a bit more faith in the team.

One way to put todays disappointing result right is a good performance and produce a great result against Fleetwood. They owe the fans one next Saturday. No excuses.

No punchy stuff with Rocky Balboa Barton though
    Last edited by flourbasher; 14-12-2019 at 06:20 PM.

We don’t have a divine right to beat anyone. A point away from home is always a good point. They are fighting for their lives. We lost 2-0 in our last promotion season down there.

We are top 6. We were without two key players today. We need to step it up at home then we will be fine.

Rotherham fan Mark Oxley has been on their bench for some time now .
    I think he had an OP on his shoulder last summer but he might like first team football after Dan Iverson goes back next summer.

Wonder if Grandad Warrington sounded him out

Only listened to commentary and sounds like once again we are disjointed, only pulling together towards the end when it was too late to get 3 points against another vulnerable team.

Warne has got to get some consistency soon. If he does, we should be at least play off contenders in a poor league. If not, with many undoubtedly good players at his disposal, questions will keep being asked, not least upstairs

It's clear that we're on a bad run but we're still in it. We're relying too much on Wiles who's range of passing is getting better.

I'm not shocked or surprised that we are still in the mix and I don't believe that apart from the addition of Lindsay in with Wiles at the very least then we will start on a great run. The investment of an experienced central holding midfielder would be the bestthing to do for me.

He did well to get us up, we had a great day out at Wembley. We went down last year with the lowest budget but came close. We have managed to stay financially stable.

We are sixth, still in with a great chance of promotion. He is learning on the job; he's only been manager for two and half years or so. We have no God given right to be in the top two.

And as clubs bigger than us, like Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth have shown, it is not that easy.

There's far too many fans nowadays who want everything now and have no patience. Much like our consumer driven society. Social media has such an influence and all you read is morons spouting off about get rid of the manager. Always thinking the grass is greener elsewhere.

Happy with a point tbh. Also happy that I haven't wasted time and good money going all the way down there to witness it. Roots Hall has never been a happy hunting ground for us and is a reyt shyte hole.

We’ve been.
    That was one tough game that could have gone either way. We weren’t rubbish like some suggest either. We bossed that first half and had the luck of the own goal.
    After their penalty I said to my pal, “ we have to keep them quiet for the next ten minutes “ we didn’t and conceded from a ball lumped over the top. Southend looked better than their position suggests. Our two centre midfielders we’re playing against a three man Southend midfield.
    Once we got it back to 2-2 it looked like we could go on and win.
    Is it a point gained or two points lost ? I reckon it’s a good away point which could be crucial at the end of the season.
    Freddie has moved onto 11 goals and we are 6th in the table, 5 points behind Ipswich and played a game more, still all to play for.

My MotM....Dan Barlaser, different player to what we saw at Solihull.

EDIT : well done to the 400 plus away supporters.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 14-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast