+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 16:45 2/8/2019

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I hope we keep the game at a time focus, lose the next couple and go on a dodgy run and anything can happen, the recent success is by not looking ahead and it's working so think it's a mistake to be predicting that kind of thing when we aren't halfway
    So long as the players and management stick to the one game at a time plan it'll be fine. This is just us fans that are getting carried away and what we write on here shouldn't have any impact on the team mentality.

even teams who romp the league rarely confirm it until April at earliest. Ayr, Dundee at h, followed by I think another two really tough away games QofS and P Thistle. I am sure we will hit a skiddy month somewhere, our current run has involved quite a few narrow wins, law of averages we are going to draw/lose some of these eventually, whether anyone can find the consistency to capitalise is another issue. Realistically, the only team with the resources to match us this season should have been Dundee, they may still be the team that if it gets its act together gets nearest to us, Inverness and Ayr over a season we should be too strong for.

And then you have the random factor, 3 players Robson, Butcher and Shankland who if injured for a sustained period of time would definitely have a negative impact on the team.

I prob see hurdles everywhere that don't really exist, because we've been down here so long and am desperate to get up that I am paranoid now! Which is why I personally have the one game at a time mentality. We just have to keep on winning, I cant realistically imagine there are many fans of any of the other teams who think they have a chance of winning the league, but we need to keep are foot on the accelerator. The lead we have should really allow us to play without pressure also which should be an advantage.

Its our to lose, but too early to declare!

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    27/03/20

Arbroath away is when we win the league.

I've done the math
    And I’m at the hospo for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I hope we keep the game at a time focus, lose the next couple and go on a dodgy run and anything can happen, the recent success is by not looking ahead and it's working so think it's a mistake to be predicting that kind of thing when we aren't halfway
    I really dont understand you at times! When people are being negative about RN/the team, you are here defending RN/the team and trying to be positive. When FANS on a FORUM want to loose themselves for an evening with nothing but positivity, you are telling us to wind our necks in!

As long as the ones being paid to, RN/the team, are taking it one game at a time and that brings a good result at the end of that game, i will continue to loose myself for an evening and dream!

I’m in the one game at a time camp.

Things can change very quickly.

Have to remember we have beaten Fun and ICT in matches so far - which makes huge difference to gap.

If we lose the two matches to other teams at top in second half of season gap will be a lot smaller.

Also remember last few seasons we have had a terrible post Xmas slump.

Let’s focus on Ayr United which is a big match next week

The last couple of seasons the optimistic side of me says yeah we will do it this year but, with no real conviction. This season the pessimistic side says oh wait a minute its far to early to be shouting out loud we will win the league this time. But lets face it in our heart of hearts THIS IS the season we go up. Its ours to throw away simple as that. 13 points is huge, bookies dont pay out early on bets for no reason! But we must keep the one game at a time mentality at least the players do. I couldnt give a monkeys if the futba isna bonny as long as results go our way, save that problem for next season. Would be good to get a wee run in the Scottish cup also for additional cash but, that really is a pipe dream and very much second priority.

Its only a gemme and when “le FUN” stops. Stop! 🤣

A note of caution...
    In our last three games we have been whistling for the referee to blow the final whistle.
    Yeah, we got full points which is brilliant but defending at the death is not the hallmark of a team who will walk away with the league.
    Ok, last season we probably wouldn't have picked up full points.
    There's a long, long way to go.

?

Oh yeah,

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    A note recaution...
    In our last three games we have been whistling for the referee to blow the final whistle.
    Yeah, we got full points which is brilliant but defending at the death is not the hallmark of a team who will walk away with the league.
    Ok, last season we probably wouldn't have picked up full points.
    There's a long, long way to go.
    Are you lot all pissed you're 21 points clear ffs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)