+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where is our manager?

Where is our manager?

Media reports suggest Stephen Robinson was arrested in Edinburgh on Friday night for an alleged minor disturbance and is expected to appear in court at a later date.

From the BBC
    Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson has denied any wrongdoing after being arrested and charged in Edinburgh on Friday night.

In a statement given to BBC Scotland, the 45-year-old has described the incident as a "misunderstanding".

Police Scotland has been approached for comment.

"I deny the charges against me and any wrongdoing," said Robinson, who will be in the dugout for Sunday's Scottish Premiership meeting with Rangers.

"I am very upset by what has become a distressing situation for my partner, myself and our families.

"We had a lovely day in Edinburgh and were trying to get home in good time before the incident occurred.

"It is not possible to give a detailed account when a legal process is under way, which adds to our family anxiety.

"I am confident this will be found to be a misunderstanding once the legal process has run its course."

Robinson took over as Motherwell manager in March 2017, leading them to two cup finals in his second season.

The Northern Irishman's side are currently fourth in the Scottish Premiership.

Perhaps Ann Budge realising her mistake appointing Daniel Stendel, accosted our manager, pleading him to reconsider, when trying to get home.

Oh Dear ... not one to hang a man before he puts his side of the events. However, you gotta wonder why the authorities would go ahead with formal action if this was a 'nothing' event. Could be bad news all round. And, if our fella has done wrong, could explain why Hertz n Hibees didn't fancy him. Both have a fair few ex-polis involved in their security setups.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)