+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

Dropping in to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Wish you were still going down to Oakwell to see 15 or 16 lads towing their tripe out, as you always said you wanted.
    Because that’s what these lads are doing.
    Scoff and snipe that we have to score 5 to win, but they have. ...... You always said that all you wanted was 11 men working hard for the shirt........ and believe me THEY ARE!. Not the most skilful we have had, but they ARE working.

The improvement is massive.
    Perhaps you may witness it. But I suspect you’ll go Boxing Day, against the top of the league ( paid for by your daughters, sons or mothers and judge from that.......and then throw the towel in again!!! I said earlier in the season it’s NOT ABOUT THE OWNERS.... !

This town, this club.....
    it’s ours, let them win........and it Sours

All the best Roma.
    Big Week!!” . Get that white beard on, big RED coat..... tie up them reindeers, saddle up and get get this battle won!!!......... Thinking abart ya mate..

I think we will do it. It’s starting to look like we are moulding a team.

They'll sell anybody who's worth owt in January. "He didn't want to be here"
    "we need to balance the books"
    "He was offered a new deal that was to make him the highest paid player but refused to sign"
    "He expressed a desire to move on"
    " our policy is to move on anybody that doesn't want to be here"
    If that's the case then Conway had better ship the whole squad out. Any player with any sort of ambition wouldn't want to be here because they want more money and higher status which we are unable to provide. There are clubs in this division who will gazump our wages. Conway just put a clever twist on his words and folk believe in it when a player leaves.

Jules we should be in mid table. I think we're an aif decent side, certainly not the worst in this division but the lack of experienced players and individual errors has cost us badly, battered us, killed us. We've continually thrown potential points away this season and its obvious why. Dress it up ar tha wants but its DOWN TO THE OWNERS.

Theres 24 games to go and we need 34 points to reach possible safety- That's play off form. We need 2 decent defenders in and another striker. We cant afford to lose ANY FIRST TEAM REGULAR in January.

Even the biggest optimist couldn't expect all that. We have the heart and desire but we've simply left ourselves just too much to do. Unless we stop shipping an average of 2 goals a game or the survival points required is nearer 40 than 50 then were relegated.

100% effort is the minimum requirement Jules, it's not summat tha should be making a song and dance over ennyrooard. Perhaps if they'd have put in 100% effort and didn't defend like schoolboys at a sh1t side like Middlesbrough in a key fixture, it would've seen us get 3 points instead of nowt. We gave up in that last half hour.

The lads are still learning and I understand why we're where we are. 16 points art o a possible 66 is poor and will be our undoing. With a couple of experienced players and a decent center aif we'd be at least 10 points better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Dropping in to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Wish you were still going down to Oakwell to see 15 or 16 lads towing their tripe out, as you always said you wanted.
    Because that’s what these lads are doing.
    Scoff and snipe that we have to score 5 to win, but they have. ...... You always said that all you wanted was 11 men working hard for the shirt........ and believe me THEY ARE!. Not the most skilful we have had, but they ARE working.

The improvement is massive.
    Perhaps you may witness it. But I suspect you’ll go Boxing Day, against the top of the league ( paid for by your daughters, sons or mothers and judge from that.......and then throw the towel in again!!! I said earlier in the season it’s NOT ABOUT THE OWNERS.... !

This town, this club.....
    it’s ours, let them win........and it Sours

All the best Roma.
    Big Week!!” . Get that white beard on, big RED coat..... tie up them reindeers, saddle up and get get this battle won!!!......... Thinking abart ya mate..

I think we will do it. It’s starting to look like we are moulding a team.
    Merry Christmas Jules

Me rry Christmas Jules.

Al not get too giddy yit after gerrin the minimum 4 pts from two winnable ooam games.

Al wait until 31 st January after we ev played Millwall A, WBA H, Swansea A, Derby A, Huddersfield H, Bristol City A, Preston H and seen the results of the transfer window. We need to get 10 or 11 pts from those 7 games to be back on track just above/below 21st position.

Well done for yesterday burritz one game. Heyf the season gone next weekend and we will ev 16, 17 or 19 pts. A big second heyf of season needed.

Hoss Is Reyt.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-12-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    They'll sell anybody who's worth owt in January. "He didn't want to be here"
    "we need to balance the books"
    "He was offered a new deal that was to make him the highest paid player but refused to sign"
    "He expressed a desire to move on"
    " our policy is to move on anybody that doesn't want to be here"
    If that's the case then Conway had better ship the whole squad out. Any player with any sort of ambition wouldn't want to be here because they want more money and higher status which we are unable to provide. There are clubs in this division who will gazump our wages. Conway just put a clever twist on his words and folk believe in it when a player leaves.

Jules we should be in mid table. I think we're an aif decent side, certainly not the worst in this division but the lack of experienced players and individual errors has cost us badly, battered us, killed us. We've continually thrown potential points away this season and its obvious why. Dress it up ar tha wants but its DOWN TO THE OWNERS.

Theres 24 games to go and we need 34 points to reach possible safety- That's play off form. We need 2 decent defenders in and another striker. We cant afford to lose ANY FIRST TEAM REGULAR in January.

Even the biggest optimist couldn't expect all that. We have the heart and desire but we've simply left ourselves just too much to do. Unless we stop shipping an average of 2 goals a game or the survival points required is nearer 40 than 50 then were relegated.

100% effort is the minimum requirement Jules, it's not summat tha should be making a song and dance over ennyrooard. Perhaps if they'd have put in 100% effort and didn't defend like schoolboys at a sh1t side like Middlesbrough in a key fixture, it would've seen us get 3 points instead of nowt. We gave up in that last half hour.

The lads are still learning and I understand why we're where we are. 16 points art o a possible 66 is poor and will be our undoing. With a couple of experienced players and a decent center aif we'd be at least 10 points better off.
    There's plenty of @ss covering and ifs buts and maybe's along with the chest thumping and Barnsley till I die narrative .

We are still Barnsley fans Jules but don't support the ownership and the policy and for me personally to go through those turnstiles means I support it , that's how I look at it , if you support it then you agree with it and I don't .

Sell the club or change the policy then I'll come back , simple as that .

Linked in Pass instead of Jules , my mistake .

I'm always a little perturbed by this I'm a bigger fan than you because I go no matter what and support the team .

I'd argue that keeping away also has its merits and shows we care deeply about the direction the club are going .

I've seen us at the bottom of division 4 , so has SB and Roma and Exile too , this has nothing to do with results but more about why we are getting the results we are because in my mind it's all so totally unnecessary , a tweak here and there and we are good to go .

The reluctance not to move one inch on this policy and then not take any responsibility what so ever for its failings demoralises me , the distance they have put between themselves , the supporters and the results is insulting for fans such as myself and many more , they'll throw anyone they can under the bus before take responsibility for the failings here .

These people are people who don't warrant my support and they aren't getting it until they change the policy or more preferably feck off back to New York .

If the Blackpool fans had put their issues with the owner to one side and backed the team Oyston would still be there milking the club dry .

So no I won't be going on boxing day even on a freebie and if by some tremendous achievement we reached the FA cup final I won't be going to that either even though it's a dream I've wanted since I was a kid .

Don't underestimate the feeling Jules with us stay away's , five goal home wins don't buy this tyke and I suspect many more feel the same .

This was once a football club and when it returns to one I'll be back irrespective of what division we are in .

Have a merry Christmas Jules .

I don’t think I’m a bigger fan than any of you... just think that they’re playing some very good football, and the TEAM deserve support. Still think we will avoid the drop. I don’t trust this ownership anymore than you all do, but I want to keep supporting the young players we have.

Have a good one.....

Please , let's not be falling art , Merry Christmas to each and everyone that visits our forum , and thanks Jules for your kind words , hopefully I will be back soon , Take care , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I don’t think I’m a bigger fan than any of you... just think that they’re playing some very good football, and the TEAM deserve support. Still think we will avoid the drop. I don’t trust this ownership anymore than you all do, but I want to keep supporting the young players we have.

Have a good one.....
    But you can't help having a dig though can you at us in the OP .

You go your way and ill go mine .

The fact they are playing decent football and scoring more than enough goals is actually more hard to take because with some fecking common sense within the policy we'd survive .

January is nearly upon us , tweek the policy and get some experience in the back four and I'm back at the very next home game .

I'll even buy thi a pint in the Dove if tha wants to meet up .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast