+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a change Mr Smith

Time for a change Mr Smith

We have some winnable games coming up starting with Saturday and forgetting the cup match.
    Our defence looks week and exposed, time to tighten up and become hard to beat. Merse was correct when he stated we are to easy to be beaten with our Gungho plan.
    10 defeats!
    I think its time to go 352???
    We cannot afford during these games to slip up and we cannot just plod on and wait for January!
    Especially while Mings is out,, i think we should consider;

........Heaton.......

...Elgens..konsa..Hause...

Guilbert....................Target

.....McGinn....Hourihane

...............Grealish...........

........Kodija.....Wesley....
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 15-12-2019 at 08:46 AM.

It's definately an idea Dave. Although I support DS, it is up to him to get more out of these players. Sheffield Utd don't have better players than us, nor do many of the teams in the Prem but they play as a unit and move as one. That is something we are still lacking. McGinn looks lost now that Jack has moved out wide and is far less effective.

Looks good to me Dave, positive and decisive. Not sure bout Kodjia, but who else is there?

Definitely agree a change is needed n agree about playing kodja up top with Wes..

Chester should come back into this team imo as surely he’d do a better job than those of late ? Can’t understand why he’s not even on the bench as he’s fit again isn’t he ?

I’d drop McGinn tbh as he’s been poor last few games, did play better second half on Saturday but first half he was dreadful !!

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    I’d drop McGinn tbh as he’s been poor last few games, did play better second half on Saturday but first half he was dreadful !!
    He is off in Jan I think. Hibs will be pleased!

I think the next 3 games will make or break our season. I'm not sure, without Mings, we have the fortitude to win without scoring twice in every game. Luckily we have a quality keeper

Well im sure theres a story or conspiracy in there somewhere, maybe a deal has already been done with Utd and pogba is coming to VP along with Tuanzebe?? I can dream!

If we had fit players but still rest a couple why not go for:

................Heaton..........

..Elgens....Chester....Mings

...............Marvellous...........

Giulbert........................Target....
    .........Hourihane...Grealish

............Elghazi..Wesley....
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 15-12-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Pogba!?!! No thanks, I'd rather have Mata, Tuanzebe, Matic or (just for a laugh Mr Bongo) Young

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Sheffield Utd don't have better players than us, nor do many of the teams in the Prem
    This is the kind of post that has other teams supporters giving you grief...

Well done for trying to push the narrative with your moronic "analysis."

Sad you feel the need to edit picasso’s remarks to suit your derogative/fatuous view

Did a Villa fan once run over your cat or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)