+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for a change Mr Smith

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Well done for trying to push the narrative with your moronic "analysis."

Sad you feel the need to edit picasso’s remarks to suit your derogative/fatuous view

Did a Villa fan once run over your cat or something?
    I'm guessing that's aimed at me?

I didn't edit anything..just quoted...

Pushing my narrative with a moronic analysis?

Smith 3 at the back or your sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Smith 3 at the back or your sacked!
    Is it the managers fault, Dave? Or is he just having a problem doing the best with what he has? Serious question...he did great last season and propelled you up the league after 2.5 seasons of nothing...

Is the playing staff not the problem?

Smith has a style and wont budge but we are shipping goals and a dud up front. The writing is on the wall unless a couple of panic buys come in January. We did lose McGinn after 5 mins and Mings is out injured but we were dross today.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    This is the kind of post that has other teams supporters giving you grief...
    If you hate us so much, why do you come onto our site? Do you enjoy winding yourself up? Seems odd.

Anyway, I shall rise above as it was meant to be a compliment. I was merely suggesting that smaller clubs such as yourselves are impressively getting more out of your less expensively assembled squads than we are.

I enjoy supporters of other clubs coming on here, it's what makes footymad different. Yeah some are arseholes, trolls and WUMs.

This poster is ok though, even though he/she dissapeared after the Villa result. I don't agree with him/her on much, but at least it's another perspective.

Re the gender of said poster, it matters not to me, but are we refering to the Barcode on the left or right of the photo? Just for future reference so I don't have to type him/her/he/she/it/that etc. We know how labels upset the younger genereation. I wouldn't want to be accused of gender shaming or anything like that.

Newcastle and bruce not exactly pulling up trees but scrapping and scraping results. Dont think they will be down in the mire now. Teams have to go back to basics when it goes 'Pete Tong' that means getting the defence sorted and becoming hard to beat.
    Smith has to drop his gung ho tactics. Weve been sussed and its time to change. He must be having mares at the minute with voices shouting: 3 at the back 3 at the back.......no i like my 2 wingers....3 AT THE BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Is it the managers fault, Dave? Or is he just having a problem doing the best with what he has? Serious question...he did great last season and propelled you up the league after 2.5 seasons of nothing...

Is the playing staff not the problem?
    2.5 seasons of nothing - you do realise we reached the playoff final the previous season, Bruce's first full season in charge. Fair play to NUFC and Bruce, picking up points with a side established by Benitez. We have had a wholesale overhaul of the squad after fortunately going on an amazing run to reach the playoffs when we looked dead & buried in March.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)