+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- ... Let's have a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Joe's probably made more dosh than you've ever seen by his own initiative and no doubt paid far more taxes to society than you.
    Is this comment based on anything factual, or just your hopes?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My sanity has been questioned by far better people than you.
    Hmmm, better? In what way exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Hmmm, better? In what way exactly.
    People I would have more respect for.

I may be judging you harshly however, if you tell me the name you made more than 10,000 posts under I might reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    It's posts like this that made me not bother for a year or so and create a new account. No debate, just pathetic jibes.

Oh and by the way, I'm about half your age, your day was a long time ago.
    Life must be just one huge disappointment for you, BD.

I'd be interested to see some actual figures. I wonder if MAD HQ could give an annual breakdown of posting numbers?

Maybe Swale could ask them?
    I think this board was composed way before every single thing was tracked analytics wise but you never know. In addition to the decline in traffic though book face and so on mean that everyone has an opinion online about everything these days so that would further skew the curve. This board is on a natural downward trajectory but I still massively prefer it to social media. The posts are much fewer but the content and quality is much much higher so for me at least this is still my go to for Notts news.

... Snobhead 1 seeking glory yet again. What a surprise that is ...

My sanity has been questioned by far better people than you.

And I've admitted to being wrong twice, once in 2008 and again in 2016.
    You get it wrong with the Bookmakers often if your big meeting tips are anything to go by. Not that you would admit it naturally but it's there for all to see each year.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You get it wrong with the Bookmakers often if your big meeting tips are anything to go by. Not that you would admit it naturally but it's there for all to see each year.
    If you cared to check back you'll see my selections at the Cheltenham and Aintree festivals have regularly shown a profit. Surely you can remember tarquin making a complete tit of himself when he laughed at me after a couple of days only for me to shut him up with big-priced winners on the final days?

Edit - just found this from Cheltenham last year:

Crap day? Not for me! In the opening post I tipped 7 horses and mentioned two others I had backed. From those selections I had Farclas at 9/1, Native River at 9/1, and Blow By Blow at 11/1. These threads on the 4 days of Cheltenham have proved a lot, but I won't claim they prove I'm a good tipster (although the poster who said "My advice is do not follow this guy......he has no idea what he is doing......he is a fraud, a complete joke" has been left with copious amounts of egg on his face). I have been around long enough to know that I could easily move on to Aintree and tip a string of losers. For the sake of simplicity I'll take my basic selection on each race at SP, with a tenner on win only and a fiver on the each ways. For a stake of £280 over the four days even this mug punter approach would have yielded a return of £364.62. If you factor in just one of the offers I keep banging on about (best price guarantee), that return would rise to £446.50. If you then add in other offers like free bets on losers the return rises to around the £550 mark. As I said, I wouldn't encourage anyone to follow my selections, as I frequently tip losers, but I would strongly encourage anyone who likes a bet to follow my real advice and seek out the numerous offers the bookies make. In this case that advice would have made the difference between collecting £346.62 and £550ish.
    I await your apology.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 17-12-2019 at 02:11 PM.

... oi, gentlemen ... betting is strictly O/T on this topic. You must comply with fun and laughter at the demise of the Corbynistas - mandaTORY, ok ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... oi, gentlemen ... betting is strictly O/T on this topic. You must comply with fun and laughter at the demise of the Corbynistas - mandaTORY, ok ...
    He started it sir, so it looks like he owes us both an apology. While I'm here, I also found the Aintree thread:

Thanks for that half time update, but how did it finish in the end?

Oh dear tarquin. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You really should have learned your lesson when you prematurely ejaculated at half time on the Cheltenham threads and ended up looking a complete and utter arsehole, I just hope you exercise a bit more self control in the bedroom. But you didn't learn, incredibly you've actually repeated your stupidity for everyone to see on here! Even though my selections were never the point of the thread, you decided to push it and then push it further. Big, big mistake. All I ever meant was that to maximise your chances of winning you have to be savvy on the offers, which was 100% proved whether my tips won or lost. But you decided to concentrate on my tips. What do you think of them now? I realise maths isn't your strong point, so allow me to do it for you. Anyone backing my 21 selections to a £10 stake at SP (winners at 15/8, 3/1, 3/1, 14/1) would have spent £210, and got £258.25 in return. Anyone following my real advice would have got the same winners but at the prices I took of 2/1, 9/2, 9/2, 22/1. That would yield a return of £370 for your £210 outlay. That's all I was trying to get across, but for a second time on these betting threads, you have made a total dick of yourself. Thanks for making a very good day even better.
    Better make my apology a large one!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast