+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spuds Match Day Thread

Have to place that one on the feet of Jimenez. Wolves played great, but Raul had one of his rare bad games. So many mistouches and bad passes around the box from him.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Have to place that one on the feet of Jimenez. Wolves played great, but Raul had one of his rare bad games. So many mistouches and bad passes around the box from him.
    He wasn't at his best that's for sure but I think it would be hard to pin the loss just on him. We were at fault in defense for both goals and Patricio didn't help our cause by continually pumping the ball back to them. It was just one of those games were we played well but just didn't win.

One of the most one sided games I have witnessed for a long time.. A thrilling match played in atrocious conditions, with the wrong result.

When are we going to get a referee with a 'pair' that will dish out a straight red for the assaults on Traore. Before today 21 yellow cards had been dished out to opposing players for crude attempts to stop him, and another three today. Attwell, having kept his cards in his pocket in the first half, suddenly started brandishing them about like confetti in the second. Two cards given to our players were certainly unwarranted. He also allowed Spurs players to gather around him as they tried to sway his decisions.

Kane soon made himself the villain of the peace when he tried to win a penalty with a dive. The whole team were savvy when it came to time wasting, in particular their keeper who started in the tenth minute.

After early pressure from us, Spurs broke clear and scored a stunning goal. However, despite intense pressure from Wolves they nearly made it two when a shot hit the post. We were really playing some great football, with Moutiho pulling the strings and Coady clearing up at the back.. Traore was coming in for close attention, but they had no answer to the crosses he was putting in. Dougan would be turning in his grave with this service.

I felt we were very unlucky to be going in at half time one down, while much of the conversation centred on the referee. We started the second half again with great intent, and you had the feeling it was going to be one of those days. Much like the first half, our constant attacks were thwarted by Spurs defenders who threw themselves in front of goal bound efforts.

Traore, who was lucky to be still walking, blasted an unstoppable shot to level the score. Only one team now was going to win it, but with the announcement of 4 minutes of extra time a Tottenham free kick was headed behind for a corner. The cross came in and a few seconds later the ball nestled in the bottom corner of the net.. Spurs then made a double substitution to eat up more seconds.

At the final whistle, to say the visitors were happy, was an understatement. They certainly did not deserve the three points, but the league shows they have them.

Jimenez has come in for some criticism from our overseas fans today. While it may not have been his most productive game, his work rate and energy are phenomenal, and he certainly overshadowed the England Captain on the day.

Tottenham will not have to endure many games as tough as this one and will be very happy to have robbed all three points.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    He wasn't at his best that's for sure but I think it would be hard to pin the loss just on him. We were at fault in defense for both goals and Patricio didn't help our cause by continually pumping the ball back to them. It was just one of those games were we played well but just didn't win.
    I dont think it’s all on him, but I think we’d have had 3-4 goals if he played at his normal level. Which is a testament to how well he’s performed here that I am disappointed in him having an off game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I dont think it’s all on him, but I think we’d have had 3-4 goals if he played at his normal level. Which is a testament to how well he’s performed here that I am disappointed in him having an off game like this.
    Jimenez wasn’t great yesterday but that’s probably down to how Spurs set themselves up against us, we had 60% of possession because they sat deeper, basically mirroring our style of play, so that even when we broke quickly they had players back, no room for Jimenez in particular. He had one clear chance, the one where Jota teed him up in the first half, he should’ve buried that one.

Great praise from Jose Mourinho about our team yesterday on u-tube. Sorry I havn't the IT skills to put it on our site.

At least we were first to appear on M O T D last night and the Beeb had the guts to show some of the assaults on Traore. However, they blamed Traore for their second goal!

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Great praise from Jose Mourinho about our team yesterday on u-tube. Sorry I havn't the IT skills to put it on our site.
    Hmmmm… I could post this but I feel like he's being magnaminous in victory, so I won't, no offence Abbo .

That may be so Norton, however, pre match he had also praised Nuno for his coaching and the skill of the team.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)