+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Voted for Brexit now a vote for Cocu! In or Out ?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Im going to exercise my right to abstain from the vote. I don't think it's fair to sack the bloke when he hasn't had the chance to put together a team to play by his own philosophy, he's basically got a bunch of 2nd rate hanger ons from the previous management to try and get something out of, and I'm not sure that anyone else could do any better.

Conversely, he doesn't inspire me, and that's concerning.
    But he's got what he's got, IMO we've seen managers in the past who've done more with less, he doesn't seem to be able to make them make sufficient effort which has no excuse

Im going to exercise my right to abstain from the vote. I don't think it's fair to sack the bloke when he hasn't had the chance to put together a team to play by his own philosophy, he's basically got a bunch of 2nd rate hanger ons from the previous management to try and get something out of, and I'm not sure that anyone else could do any better.

Conversely, he doesn't inspire me, and that's concerning.
    Surely that’s you being a ‘reluctant Remainer’? First time for everything.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-12-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Surely that’s you being a ‘reluctant Remainer’? First time for everything.
    Guilty as charged, except I will accept a vote of "out"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    But he's got what he's got, IMO we've seen managers in the past who've done more with less, he doesn't seem to be able to make them make sufficient effort which has no excuse
    Can't argue with that, but we didn't bring him in to do that, he's been given the task of rebuilding, and hasn't had the opportunity to do so yet.

he's been given the task of rebuilding, and hasn't had the opportunity to do so yet.
    Exactly!!

Yes but rebuilding CAN'T exclude the requirement to at least get the present lot to look at least remotely interested, to recognise that Lawrence is a useless piece of driftwood and to remember that the whole idea of this wonderful game is to at least try to put the ball in the onion bag every now and then!!

Get Clarke ,Bielic, Shinnie and Huddleston back . Rooney and three others Then I will make my mind up by end of Jan . Just admit I don't like what I'm seeing from him at all . But his hands are tied its easy to say drop this player drop that one .I'm as guilty as anybody but with no replacements the bloke has little option Doesn't really bother me with his interviews not all managers are ranters and ravers Would rather believe him than bull**** Rowett came out with No signs of improvement by the end of Jan then yes he has to go or relegation will follow over to you Mel

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Get Clarke ,Bielic, Shinnie and Huddleston back . Rooney and three others Then I will make my mind up by end of Jan . Just admit I don't like what I'm seeing from him at all . But his hands are tied its easy to say drop this player drop that one .I'm as guilty as anybody but with no replacements the bloke has little option Doesn't really bother me with his interviews not all managers are ranters and ravers Would rather believe him than bull**** Rowett came out with No signs of improvement by the end of Jan then yes he has to go or relegation will follow over to you Mel
    Exactly...you can’t lose Clarke, Bielik, Shinnie, Huddlestone (plus Keogh and - to all intents and purposes - Marriott) and expect things to go smoothly.
    Them back plus Rooney and three others (which three mista?) will make a massive difference and only then will we be able to judge.
    Even when he used the ‘diamond’ to good effect and came up with the best performance of the season he lost crucial personnel almost immediately afterwards.
    ‘Out’ at this stage would be a ridiculous knee jerk reaction imo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-12-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Plus 3 - maybe Messi, Pogba and Maguire might do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Exactly...you can’t lose Clarke, Bielik, Shinnie, Huddlestone (plus Keogh and - to all intents and purposes - Marriott) and expect things to go smoothly.
    Them back plus Rooney and three others (which three mista?) will make a massive difference and only then will we be able to judge.
    Even when he used the ‘diamond’ to good effect and came up with the best performance of the season he lost crucial personnel almost immediately afterwards.
    ‘Out’ at this stage would be a ridiculous knee jerk reaction imo.
    RA I can't give you three but reading green the lines ,we not be spending much Obviously centre back , but I would like a big striker who actually let's defenders know theve been in a game . I would like Woodrow from Barnsley always impressed me Good in the air ,good first touch ,good finisher ,don't give defenders an easy time Also creates for others . We are just so easy to defend against at the moment If we could get his team mate Mowett as well I would be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA I can't give you three but reading green the lines ,we not be spending much Obviously centre back , but I would like a big striker who actually let's defenders know theve been in a game . I would like Woodrow from Barnsley always impressed me Good in the air ,good first touch ,good finisher ,don't give defenders an easy time Also creates for others . We are just so easy to defend against at the moment If we could get his team mate Mowett as well I would be satisfied
    Acido will love you!
    A new spine then basically...central defender, central midfielder and old school centre forward.
    Makes sense given some of the spineless performances, particularly away from home.

Not going for a new ‘keeper then?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)