+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we at risk of losing interest?

I think the OP is right the upside to it though its not half as painful when we lose.

The sooner we start playing more attack minded football the better if that creates a few losses its nowt new is it.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That's a good point. But I'd go one further - not only do teams not fear us, they actually look forward to playing us. We're a big club in this league, but we bring none of the intimidating factors that big clubs usually bring. We don't go out and attack relentlessly at home, and as a result our fans are moaning by half time rather than cheering the team on. Our whole setup is too 'nice'.

I've said it before, but look at Barrow - the way they played, the way their manager acted. No team will look forward to playing them. Barrow, for god's sake.
    Barrow's manager never stopped bouncing and the Barrow fans sitting opposite him took up the enthusiasm. The team loved it and responded with energy. Did you see Ardley sitting slouched back in the dugout with his legs crossed and his hands stuck in his pockets? Well I did, the Kop did and I expect the Notts players did too. If you have ever wondered what a man looked like who didn't have a clue about what to do next, you had only to watch Neal Ardley that day. The fans wanted something positive from their manager, the players wanted encouragement but he wanted to keep his hands warm. To sum him up in one word, clueless, insipid, and uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Barrow's manager never stopped bouncing and the Barrow fans sitting opposite him took up the enthusiasm. The team loved it and responded with energy. Did you see Ardley sitting slouched back in the dugout with his legs crossed and his hands stuck in his pockets? Well I did, the Kop did and I expect the Notts players did too. If you have ever wondered what a man looked like who didn't have a clue about what to do next, you had only to watch Neal Ardley that day. The fans wanted something positive from their manager, the players wanted encouragement but he wanted to keep his hands warm. To sum him up in one word, clueless, insipid, and uninspiring.
    We dont need paragraphs to describe him, one word will suffice.. CRAP

To sum him up in one word, clueless, insipid, and uninspiring.
    You've spelt that one word wrong, it should be cluelessinsipidanduninspiring

Yeah, I totally agree. There was a huge contrast on the pitch, with them being everything we aren't (aggressive, nasty, organised, dangerous), but also in the dugout. Evatt was so animated - I remember him tearing his hair out when they missed a chance at 0-3 up. I didn't see Ardley all game as I was behind the dugout and he was sat in it. Ridiculous when you are losing at home to basically disappear like that.

Football can be a complicated game, and I am happy that our new owners take an analytical approach to it, but it can be simple too. Sometimes it just takes a leader to inspire the player and fans. Some qualities that cannot be measured or quantified.

Made me smile, why use one word when three will do!

I can't get to many games due to distance and work, but can't wait for Boxing Day. However, without doubt we absolutely must get in the play-offs this season or ticket sales next season will undoubtedly fall.

Ardley appears to be a nice guy, but I am wondering whether he's the man to get us there. A few weeks ago I thought he was, but we just can never kick-on when we've won a game or two. Please Neal, show us you can do it.

The Reedzt Bros would have been sitting even further back than you and they would not have seen Ardley as we did in the Kop. Perhaps if they came and sat with us, as Aileen Trew sometimes did, and saw what we see it might have them scratching their heads, (only one head each, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    When was the last time we had strong youth team to first team links? How many years ago now? That's a bit of a myth.
    It’s not a myth, it’s a problem. Why do other teams manage it with less resources?

They would certainly get a different view of the home dug out but just think of the crap and God awful clueless comments they would have no option but to hear I'd they sat in the Kop?!

If you want the best view of the game, however uninspiring it is, you pick the Pavis Stand, 3/4 way up near the half way line

Thinking about that a little more, we don't want that to happen may put them off the club a little.

They don't deserve that after coming in and rescuing the club

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast