+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we at risk of losing interest?

For anyone who saw Sunday's televised match, Duncan Ferguson's Everton side finished the game with 4 forwards on the pitch, they were going for it hell for leather, he was in his shirt, no jacket, getting wet through, he wasn't afraid to put a sub on and then take the same fella off again. THIS is what I would like to see from my Manager and team. Fast, forward thinking play that gives the opposition something to think about. We should/do have the resources to put a team out capable of doing it. That, in my opinion would see us at the top end of the table and fans would be thinking progress is possible.

I have managed 5 or 6 games this season, and by the time I've got to the car park and heard the team news on some of those, despaired and felt like driving home again. Only the fact that I've come all the way from Worksop stopped me. So yes, I have to agree, the risk of losing interest is there. A positive "Duncan Ferguson" approach would go a long way to countering that.

I have been more indifferent to Notts for a few seasons now. Used to be a ST holder for 40 years, not these days.

I go more for a half day out to meet my mates.

We are going to Halifax on Saturday by train mainly for the day out. No doubt football will ruin it again.

Until the football improves and we have something to be proud of I won't be going to every game like I did in the past.

I bet we won't even take 600 to Halifax which is pretty poor albeit last weekend before Christmas.

Mansfield have acted quickly and are rumoured to be getting Brizzle Rovers manager, from a higher league club, bigger fanbase etc

Notts just drift along.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    I have been more indifferent to Notts for a few seasons now. Used to be a ST holder for 40 years, not these days.

We are going to Halifax on Saturday by train mainly for the day out. No doubt football will ruin it again.

Until the football improves and we have something to be proud of I won't be going to every game like I did in the past.

I bet we won't even take 600 to Halifax which is pretty poor albeit last weekend before Christmas.

Mansfield have acted quickly and are rumoured to be getting Brizzle Rovers manager, from a higher league club, bigger fanbase etc

Notts just drift along.
    We have not just been drifting along at all.
    New owners over a dozen new players and well in with a chance of the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post

Notts just drift along.
    This just doesn't make sense, Rovers beat Ipswich at the weekend and now find themselves 4th in League 1. I really don't understand why Coughlan would want to drop down a league when he is doing so well. However, it appears he has already informed his players he is leaving . . . wtf??

Wants to move closer to his Sheffield home as he hasn't moved to the South West. Also read Rovers chairman is looking after the purse strings, which the Stags chairman hasn't done since he brought the club.

May look a strange one on paper, but not really different to when they got Evans or Flitcroft. Massively underperforming club with a wealthy generous chairman and you can return to your Sheffield home to do a 40 mins commute. Doesn't sound a bad deal.

Craig Short and Martin Allen would about lots and get wet on the touchline.
    Moniz was all about attacking open football.

I am certainly less enthused. There have been a couple of occasions this year when i have chosen not to go despite having nothing else planned.

Don't enjoy the football and usually end up being frustrated for 70 minutes. This has to be one of the most unappealing teams in our history. Sadly the quality has dropped off a lot and we have no consistency whatsoever. Also I have serious issues with Ardley and have done since January.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Going down to the National League was a massive blow which was followed by a close call with liquidation. In Notts' heyday there was a much more local identity for the club with many of the players, management and ownership emanating from the Notts area but not so these days.
    Much more people are inclined to ask: what's the club got to do with me? It's all very well saying you bleed black and white but that's just a figure of speech. I expect the Arsenals and the Man Us to buy in players from every corner of the globe but at Notts' level that's not so important.
    I wanted Ardley and have supported his continuance but I am disappointed that qualifying at least for the playoffs now looks unlikely as teams like Barrow leave Notts standing.
    Halifax this Saturday should be a go-to match for me, but can I raise the enthusiasm to make what will be an awkward journey for two hours standing in the freezing cold for what will doubtless be a disappointing performance? Who are Scarborough Athletic at home to?
    Blimey Sid you haven't been for a while mate, it is all seater stadium now you don't have to stand

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Agreed, and the net result is what.....poor football, lower crowds, bored fans, negative manager.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The fans wanted something positive from their manager, the players wanted encouragement but he wanted to keep his hands warm. To sum him up in one word, clueless, insipid, and uninspiring.
    Thats 3 words

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post

Give it up Keldsyke !!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast