+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stevenage next.

Stevenage next.

So Westley is back at Stevenage for the fourth time, apparently. We know what that means in terms of the encounter. Up to us to keep the retaliatory yellow cards down and not be drawn into their style of play.
    Nugent may be back in contention to play so we need a bit of pace and deft feet to take advantage of that.
    No doubt we will be harried, grabbed and pulled. Our box will be loaded. Lots of their players will hit the deck, particularly in our penalty area.
    We have to hit them early and score so that their tactics have to change. They may be second from bottom but this could be tough. 2-1 to us.

Apparently the wonderful Westley may not be in the dugout - at least we know he won't have set up an "injury" to guard against heat exhaustion! What effect he's had time to have no doubt we will see. Paul Taylor doesn't seem to have had a great time since signing for them rather than us in August - how many of our free kicks etc did he learn i wonder. 2-1 to us. #COYR

I suppose everyone's very busy with Christmas. I hate Christmas! The only good thing about it is that there's more football over a short space of time.
    However, I'm still worried about Saturdays game. Hopefully, we'll keep up the pace and pull through!

Well, I got that wrong! Didn't sound much like Westley had any input. Just a shame we don't keep going for the full 90 minutes. Hope places don't depend on goal difference at the end of the season.
    A report from someone who went would be nice!

Merry Christmas everyone!

It would, but certainly didn't seem too much of a test for us! Onwards & upwards! #COYR

It’s good to see us come up against teams that play in a ‘style’ that we have traditionally had trouble with, and taking them to the cleaners! And especially so when the majority of the starting 11 are aged 22 and under.

Once we hit the front with two quick goals there was only one team in it. Some awesome passing moves that had them chasing shadows at times. From back to front in the blink of an eye for Powell goal which was a cracking finish across the keeper. We lost a bit of momentum when Dave changed two of the midfield but that frequently happens in those situations. The commentator on their local radio station Three Counties Radio said after the game, "Crewe are easily the best side I've seen play this season"