+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Macc Town deducted 6 pts

O/T:- Macc Town deducted 6 pts

over non-payment of wages and failing to fulfil their fixture with Crewe.
    The League Two club have failed to pay their players on time on numerous occasions in recent months.
    Their players refused to play against Crewe on 7 December citing concerns over their emotional wellbeing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50861229

Must be a good chance they won't complete the season, which would mean no clubs relegated from L2.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-12-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Must be a good chance they won't complete the season, which would mean no clubs relegated from L2.
    That would certainly bugger the bet I had on the Stags to be relegated at 33/1 at the start of the season. I expected them to have a poor start after appointing Dempster (I was thinking Kiwomya) so I put the bet on expecting a good cash out option after a couple of months, which would have worked but all I've got since is 'market suspended', so it will be interesting for me to see what the bookies do with relegation bets if no clubs can be relegated.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 19-12-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That would certainly bugger the bet I had on the Stags to be relegated at 33/1 at the start of the season. I expected them to have a poor start after appointing Dempster (I was thinking Kiwomya) so I put the bet on expecting a good cash out option after a couple of months, which would have worked but all I've got since is 'market suspended', so it will be interesting for me to see what the bookies do with relegation bets if no clubs can be relegated.

I saw what the owner of Bet 365 was earning. Keep topping her salary up..mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I saw what the owner of Bet 365 was earning. Keep topping her salary up..mugs.
    You are correct, and fortunately for me there are plenty of mugs around to top up her salary.

That's why the numerous offers that I take advantage of are still plentiful.

Apparently their game tomorrow may be in doubt due to the Moss Rose not having a valid safety certificate. It just gets worse for the Macc!

The fact they stayed up at our expense shows what a shambles we were.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The fact they stayed up at our expense shows what a shambles we were.
    You can't blame the Macclsfield players for showing some fight can you? But what about us, are we in less of a shambles now?

I can't remember exactly and the numbers weren't precise anyway but I think during that last phase of last season we had about six or seven "must win games" of which we won two, and those two were false dawns. Macc and Yeovil were well below us and had been most of the season and we rose to the lofty heights of four positions above them. All we had to do was not lose any those last few games after that and we would have been safe, easily. Just one win and a draw would have kept us up and dropped Macclesfield. That last game against Swindon(?) where we scored first but still lost should have seen the back of Ardley and his persistent policy of relying on his "experienced" players.

Any decent manager would have kept us up with the squad we had

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Exactly my point, G2BAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    You don't seem to understand. It was all Alan Hardy's fault and nobody could have kept us up.

Ain't that right laddo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast