+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflections

Reflections

Just think where we were 2 years ago- PH in charge and somewhat bereft of any ideas, pattern or shape. Realistically the prem was a distant pipe dream.

How things have changed so let’s not forget to enjoy the good bits and progress in amongst the frustrations which are part of the story of MOT

Agreed mate.

What a difference the last few years have been..frustrating part for me is we are so close but yet it feels so far away (Premiership that is)..just want us back where we belong and then we can start building a side that will maybe challenge the top 6 in years to come and also develop the ground to a 50 thousand capacity (with the help of those filthy rich arabs).

Not too much to ask is it

Very true and always good to remember. And even before then how long had it been since we'd seen exciting attacking football instead of hoofing the ball up to someone to head it into the box and hope.

It's been fantastic since MB came, and for all the reasonable talk of things to improve on, it's good to have a reminder of how far we've come in such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Very true and always good to remember. And even before then how long had it been since we'd seen exciting attacking football instead of hoofing the ball up to someone to head it into the box and hope.

It's been fantastic since MB came, and for all the reasonable talk of things to improve on, it's good to have a reminder of how far we've come in such a short time.
    I absolutely hated the brand of football we played under Warnock. It was horrible to watch made worse by the fact I couldn’t bear he was allowed to be our manager. Bielsa could not be further away at the other end of the spectrum to that both in terms of his values and how he speaks and the style of football he plays.

Last two seasons have been the most exciting football we have played for years....think back to bates, Cellino, hockaday etc, what a nightmare, now look at us, youth, passion, an actual plan.... wonderful.

bit harsh on Cellino imo, he started the ball rolling in terms of clearing up Bate´s clusterf*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    bit harsh on Cellino imo, he started the ball rolling in terms of clearing up Bate´s clusterf*ck.
    Agreed. He may have been a bit "out there" and was certainly unpopular at the end, but I remember clearly the "Forza Leeds" sentiments when he came on board and his wacky approach (first to take on the EFL but without knowing just what he was taking on!) and got rid of the equally baleful but thankfully less long-lived clusterf00k that was GFH.

Anyway, onwards and (hopefully) upwards, I hold with the sentiments expressed elsewhere, we deserve to be somewhere better, for a lot of reasons, and if we get there with Bielsa doing what he does, and the players honouring the commitment the supporters have made over the years since demotion etc, then justice will have been done.

A thread of the year/decade candidate.

Great points all around. Every game I watch on the computer makes me grateful compared to some of the prem tripe I see on the tube here. Some of them truly boring and meaningless crap that must be hard to watch even for their own fans.

I also agree on Celino. Sometimes an agent of change is needed and they generally ruffle a lot of feathers. Celino enabled Radz to step in. Without him we never get MB or most of the team we have now.

A lot of credit goes to Cellino as far as I am concerned.No doubt at all he was as mad as a bag of monkeys,but he put his money where his mouth is when others were saying a lot but delivering feck all..and he cleared up the sh1t left behind by Bates.

There was never a dull moment..and he dropped many b0ll0cks especially with his choice in managers but I honestly think his heart was in the right place..just a shame his head wasn't

My fondest memory of his time with us was locking those greedy cnuts Sky sports out of Elland Road

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    A thread of the year/decade candidate.

Great points all around. Every game I watch on the computer makes me grateful compared to some of the prem tripe I see on the tube here. Some of them truly boring and meaningless crap that must be hard to watch even for their own fans.
    That really is spot on......The EPL is where it's at now.....but such a shame football has taken the road it has taken.
    For the most part the EPL is mind numbingly boring.
    Last year and this present year are the seasons I have really gotten back into the excitement of football.
    A few seasons back...The Albion reached 40 points by the end of January.......I think we won one game after that...such was the expectations......and it is like that for most clubs.....
    Leicester a while back was a breath of fresh air......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)